Trance demo feedback (anjunabeats style)

Really dig it my man! And this genre is a personal favourite aswell.
My overall impression when listening to you're track is that it's well produced and lot of effort put in there.
Middle break is awesome and chill, the jungle style drums are spot on.

The drop:
Nice feeling with those chords i have to say!!
The kick and bassline should slam harder or be more tight compressed to get that in your face feeling.
Personally I don't prefer the top lead with the glide tbh but again that's personal flavor. Im more of a Big pluck guy with lots of reverb ;)

Overall really good effort gave you a follow cause I wanna hear more :)
Keep it up!

Last edited:
ASLIN, thank you for the reply. I think the bass and kick will be much stronger after the mastering stage,
(there's only high pass filter on the master channel).

Hi Etzo, i like your track its mixed well and sounds ok on my laptop speakers I think you could do with a little more variation in the drums but well done its a great track :)

Hi Etzo! I can only echo the other comments about the kick/bass in the first half of the song, it's a bit weak. The melody during the breakdown is really nice. I feel like you didn't need to wait till after the breakdown to have the song reach its full loudness, you end up turning it up too much to compensate for the quiet first part. Well done though it's a solid track!

Yeah I am going to have to add on top of the other comments about the bass/kick relationship. Try to pocket your eq better, your bass is wide and audible, but the kick is lost in it. There's no distortion, which is good, but look for a more punchy kick. Try a tall peak EQ and slide it through the EQ until you hit the resonant frequency in the kick. For me, its usually around 40-60, 100-130, and 200-240. Remove muddiness in 700-1k range and give it some air up top.

I prefer more weighty kicks. Bubble riser is a bit overused in general, try something not as obvious or turn it down, add a few other fx to it. The build up into the break it's too obvious, not so bad on main build. Was a bit quiet when the break first hits so wasn't expecting what comes to be as good. Nice use of bitcrush, I always love the crispiness it adds to sounds, wins me over every time.

Back