[Techno] The Underground

Dirty32

Hi guys!
Here's an attempt to proper Techno music. I'm still fresh to that style so don't be too harsh..;)
Your feedback is important.
Cheers!

P.s, How did you make that Kick? I've been looking for one like that all morning and trying to make one but it ends up not loud enough or too much noise.

Thanks for your time mate!
That kick came from a vengeance pack and I applied an "reverb sidechain" on it to create the "rumble" following the kick.
I'm still trying to improve this technique.

Thanks for the info man. Gona try it out. Ive spent hours trying to make the perfect kick, then I listen to Pleasurekraft and think how the f did he do it haha. Cheers man.

this is really good! It sounds like something you would hear at those Drumcode parties, I'd definitely enjoy hearing this at a rave. Could you please elaborate on the sidechain reverb technique? Is it just a send with reverb and sidechain sent to the kick? Would like to know this.

@ YANDR. Yup! That's the idea. You just need a different track than your usual reverb send (because of the settings) but this is it. I never found tutorials on it for FL Studio but well for other DAW so I tried to figure it out. I guess there are plenty of ways to get there...
Thanks for the comments, Drumcode sound is so huuuuge...you give me courage to go on!
@ DIGITALBEAT. I couldn't put more bass in this, too much people in the low end...I guess I could learn how to achieve that...Thanks for passing by!

Last edited:
Nice track! I don't listen to techno a lot but I try to give some feedback.
I don't really like the kick sound. It sound a bit dull, I think it needs a bit more high end, but I also don't really like the sample itself.
At the drop you could add a bit more of a bassline I think, but maybe you didn't do that on purpose?
Overall a really decent techno production, can image people dancing on this on a festival!

nice trance track, very much oldschool, reminds me on dutch trance from the early 90ies (yes I am that old ;) ), for actual possibilities its still a bit plain, bat a gread basis!
cheers

Hey guys! Thanks to all of you.
I'm really pleased with all the comments and advices. I'm about to post another track hoping it will be more contemporary.
The funny thing about all this is that I actually never listened to Techno, Tech Trance or Trance in the 90's, not even in the early 2000's.
So I'm pleased with that, but on the other hand I was aiming at tracks like Alan Fitzpatrick's and Kevin De Vries' when I put this track together.
It means : more work ahead!

Last edited:
Back