Synthia

KosmiCKhaoz

🌶🙉
Hi all,

I've been a little offline for personal reasons, but I'm finally back with a new song. Any feedback is welcome! I will also try my best to give good feedback to anyone.

This is my 2nd song ever, I think it's an improvement over the first, with more distinct sections and slightly less repetitive, although, still repetitive. I had this song nearly done for more than a month now, and I was convinced I would not share it, but tonight I figured that would not be a good decision.

I'm already working on a 3rd song I hope will be a great improvement (I'm enjoying producing it a lot at least), more on that soon.

For now, here is Synthia:

Synthia has a nice feeling but I think it needs a little bit more variation. Maybe could be to make the kick a bit heavier in some sections and have a base playing the melody the girl is singing in some sections.

Listened again, really like it! I especially like the section at around 1:04 where it is calm and then becomes big

Synthia has a nice feeling but I think it needs a little bit more variation. Maybe could be to make the kick a bit heavier in some sections and have a base playing the melody the girl is singing in some sections.

I agree with you. I'm thinking the second chorus could introduce some bassier element to add to the voice and make it bigger just before the ending. I'll have a look later. Any comments I don't address on this song I will definitely consider on the new song I'm working on ;)

Listened again, really like it! I especially like the section at around 1:04 where it is calm and then becomes big

Thanks so much @madfren Really appreciate your comments and you taking the time to listen to it again! You made my day

Haha yes, that is true! I do like touching some songs a little, but once I share it feels wrong to change (and is also a good cut off to avoid spending forever in the same song haha)

If you're referring the the vocals, I used Capitain Chords as a "midi effect" to get the voices out and then layered them with different delays and small swings. I must admit, I don't actually like Captain Chords, I find it confusing and a slow workflow, but their stock sounds are ok (to me at least).
Originally I planned to use them as a placeholder only and find better voices (I won't be able to record them myself), but couldn't find anything or maybe I just got too used to these ones haha

Back