Song Idea Feedback (EDM/POP)

TheKottzter

Hey!
I downloaded Hardwell's acapella package and used the vocal track for his song "Mad World" to create this song. So far it's just an intro, verse, pre-chorus and chorus. Everything used is stock plug-ins from Logic, except for the guitars of course. If you forget about the sound quality and mixing, what do you think of the general song idea?
Thanks in advance! =)

Mad World by Edfeldt-Kotten | Edfeldt Kotten | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:
The guitar sounds really good! Overall I thought the arrangement was quite good, each section flowed into the next fairly seamlessly. I definitely liked the guitar - was this your recording into logic? In terms of sound design/mixing (I'll say a few words just for learning purposes haha) it was ok. I thought the mixing of the different guitar tracks was quite good, they're seperated in the 3D field quite well. The low end was a little weak, the kick drum didn't have much weight or sub to it - this should be an easy fix. I'd also suggest some more percussion in there to make things more interesting - you'd be amazed how much groove a simple hi-hat-snare pattern with some syncopated hits varying every few bars can add to a song.

Sounds good though mate :)

The guitar sounds really good! Overall I thought the arrangement was quite good, each section flowed into the next fairly seamlessly. I definitely liked the guitar - was this your recording into logic? In terms of sound design/mixing (I'll say a few words just for learning purposes haha) it was ok. I thought the mixing of the different guitar tracks was quite good, they're seperated in the 3D field quite well. The low end was a little weak, the kick drum didn't have much weight or sub to it - this should be an easy fix. I'd also suggest some more percussion in there to make things more interesting - you'd be amazed how much groove a simple hi-hat-snare pattern with some syncopated hits varying every few bars can add to a song.

Sounds good though mate :)

Thank you for the reply!
Yes, it was my recording in to logic, the electric and acoustic guitar. For the electric guitars I used Logic's own amp simulation. I'll definitely add some more percussion, like hats maybe shakers etc. Thank you once again. =)

Back