Some House?

ajit

This was my first production on a DAW.

Thoughts?

Not really sure what genre it would be considered. Do the vocals fit well enough?

Its got a nice rhythm to it man. I think the vocals fit. Did you sidechain the base? could be more prominent.

@Stepic actually I didn't sidechain it, I learned how to do it but forgot to apply it here. I'll give that a shot, thanks!

@Recuest what do you mean by progression? Is that my choice of chords or something else?

@Recuest what do you mean by progression? Is that my choice of chords or something else?

Yes, it's the series of chords, what I am referring to is how they go together and the vibe created from one to another. I think it could have had some more interesting harmonies, but that doesn't mean the song was bad :)

Awesome, thanks for your help. I really don't know what I'm doing with music theory yet, but I'm trying to learn via Youtube tutorials.

You gotta work on your transition game.. when the womens voice comes in though, things are relaxing so that's good.

Transitions? Right now I don't know how to really do any sweeping effects or whatever they're called, so I settled with an unimaginative white noise. But that's all I really got right now. Noted, thanks man!

Your track has a nice rhythm to it, but just watch the frequencies a bit. To do the sweeping effect just apply a filter to a whitenoise, then slowly bring the filter back up by automating it. That will create a swooping effect which will help ease your transitions a bit. If you have time can you check out my newest track on soundcloud, and if you like it can you give me a follow. If you really like it, can you follow me on twitter. I am trying to build a fan base sorta. Thanks!!!!!!
Links: https://soundcloud.com/adian-3/ctrl-alt-del
https://twitter.com/adiansmusic

Definitely find some more samples to use, especially drums, because the kick sounds very recognizable as the "Kick Basic" on FL Studio, though I may be wrong. Great first job though!

@Adian thanks for the sweeping effects tip, I'll continue to look for new techniques on how to do it. I also checked out your stuff!

@Retriax haha you're completely right, although I don't know how yet. I guess because I'm so new I don't have an ear for it yet. I don't know how you guys can spot a snare or kick from a mile away.

Back