so this turned out odd (RPEK - King of the World)

Really interesting track, very experimental and has this psychedelic feel to it. I could hear this at like an underground club or something. I really like how you've changed the progression of the track and has a perceived time signature change. It's obviously 4/4 but there are some instances where (due to the instruments interchanging playing 1/4s, 1/8s triple time and double time) it makes it seem like it's being played in a 3/4 or a 5/8 time signature. Your production is pretty good and I think for the most part you do a good job at getting the mixdown to sound tight.

I think the only issue I personally have with this is I'm trying to figure out the theme and rhythm of the track, it just doesn't seem to flow well imo. I mean, if that's what you're going for, then that's cool, too. There seems to be some instruments that are clashing with each other and sound out of key (particularly on the second verse where the "chiptunes" break in).

But yeah, it's not bad but it does need a bit of tweaking before you can consider it a final, polished track.

Really interesting track, very experimental and has this psychedelic feel to it. I could hear this at like an underground club or something. I really like how you've changed the progression of the track and has a perceived time signature change. It's obviously 4/4 but there are some instances where (due to the instruments interchanging playing 1/4s, 1/8s triple time and double time) it makes it seem like it's being played in a 3/4 or a 5/8 time signature. Your production is pretty good and I think for the most part you do a good job at getting the mixdown to sound tight.

I think the only issue I personally have with this is I'm trying to figure out the theme and rhythm of the track, it just doesn't seem to flow well imo. I mean, if that's what you're going for, then that's cool, too. There seems to be some instruments that are clashing with each other and sound out of key (particularly on the second verse where the "chiptunes" break in).

But yeah, it's not bad but it does need a bit of tweaking before you can consider it a final, polished track.

Thanks a lot for the detailed input! I kind of agree, the flow is a tad messed up. However I think the "out of key" notes are just fine, they are inspired by the 18th century fugal tradition, but I intentionally messed up the harmonies a bit - but they are still functional harmonic progressions - it's just that the tempo is so fast so it sounds "weird". I'm glad you appreciated the rhythmical experiments!

Thanks again for listening <3

Great mix, great sounds. great master. Really on track to do something real good with this sound. Bit messy as already been said but keep in mind this is your creative freedom so do anything you like! One point off critic, go a a little bit easier on the sidechain compression. I like the effect it's given to your overal vibe but in my opinion sometimes the release is bit too long.

Overal, keep it going and i'm sure you will make great tracks!

hope to hear more of you in the future.

Greetings

Great mix, great sounds. great master. Really on track to do something real good with this sound. Bit messy as already been said but keep in mind this is your creative freedom so do anything you like! One point off critic, go a a little bit easier on the sidechain compression. I like the effect it's given to your overal vibe but in my opinion sometimes the release is bit too long.

Overal, keep it going and i'm sure you will make great tracks!

hope to hear more of you in the future.

Greetings

Thank you so so much. That's great to hear, especially since I always consider my masters and mixes too low and not punchy enough and I end up hating my sound when I compare it to others. I agree on the extreme sidechaining, I'm just a bit obsessed with the effect. Thank you for the inputs, really helpful.

Back