The Sky Hook (Original)

Lately I've been messing around with different types of distortion mainly using Trash 2, Ableton's vinyl distortion, and some others. I've been sitting on this track for a while because at the time of producing it I learned about the importance of getting a track to sound good in both stereo and mono. Needless to say I was experimenting with different techniques for some time.

I like the kicks punch nicely through the mix. I also like the repetitiveness of the beginning, it builds the energy nicely. The mix was also good it was very clean. The only part I did not really care for was the breakdown before the 1st drop. It just seems like you brought it in an awkward way, but overall its dope thanks for sharing!

I really like it. The bassline and that somewhat eerie "human" synth is awsome. Maybe it's just me, but could that last snare be replaced with a clap for a "happier" ending? Probably just me hahaha. Great track!

Last edited:
Haha, I could give it a try if you like. I actually prefer the first clap sound I was using after the first drop in the track. I basically welded two different versions of the song together as the 'completed' version. I didn't know how to continue the song past that point, so I decided to repeat the first portion of the song, but with more intensity. I still have the project files so I can go back and make changes like the one you suggested. Thanks everybody for listening! I really appreciate the input!

Nice kick. Like the song. The pad, high bass and the synths have interfering frequencies, maybe sidechain, cut and add on the eq. Or maybe add or remove them more to create more dynamic in the song. Overall I like the the song

Thanks for the critique! I know the pad in the beginning of the song isn't mixed very well so it sounds kind of distorted at times and doesn't blend well with the other elements of the song. I should consider taking that overall idea and make another track using some of those elements.

Back