RYA - A Dreamer (feedback for feedback)

RYA

Electronic music producer
Hey fellow musicians,

I have a new song to share. Tell me anything that you think about, especially things I could improve.

Cheers.

RYA :)

Last edited:
Song is structured in a basic way but it's not really a bad thing. Mixing is great and every sound you used fits well together. I think that the song feels a bit too predictable though, a random drum pattern change for one of the drops would be great. Really nice work overall though, left a comment and a like ~ Check out my track and leave some feedback! ; https://soundcloud.com/chrynxt/signals-rmx

Like the song. Nice kick. Not a fan of the claps/snaps (more reverb?). More variation (especially the key pattern) and surprise elements could be introduced to keep the listener interested throughout the song. The song is very catchy and does get stuck in your head and that is good.

Thanks for the reply. I will try and change it a little bit. I am open to more constructive feedback. Feel free to comment anything.

RYA

I like the melodic ideas, and the drop was unexpected, I dig the beat a lot. Personally, I wish there was a little more synth presence. I feel like you could fill up the sound a little bit more. I think with some expirementation with sound design you could find some interesting ways to fill in this track. But, overall it is mixed very well :) Youre snare rises are also very well made. I like the changes in velocity you put in and the choice of sample is very short and clicky in a good way.

I think the theme and lyrics of the song fit very well for this forum also. "We are the music makers / we are the dreamers of dreams"check out mine?

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...odic-dubstep-zeridan-untitled-wip-f4f-529080/

Last edited:
I like the mix for sure. Someareas seemed to get squeezed out of the mix. That actual melody and song arrangement is solid.

Hit my signature for my Latest drop on Mon 11.1.2016

Last edited:
Hey FLyPno,

Thanks for the advice. I like your song It sounds interesting, how you took existing lyrics and added different harmonies to them. Very good idea.

@zjohnson I left a comment in your thread.

RYA

I didn't forget this thread

Hey folks,
I am back with an updated version of this song.
I increased the low freq spectrum and adjusted the dynamic range.

Of course I would like to hear your thoughts on the adjustments.

Sorry for the long break.
Cheers
RYA

Last edited:
The introduction started seemingly predictable as others may have mentioned however the hook is catchy and upbeat, very enjoyable. Lyrics match up very nicely as well. Most breaks are soft to match the song and I like that about it.

Back