"Rumour" - house made almost all with free instruments

DSmolken

Except for one layer of pads made in Chipsounds, Pianoteq for the piano and 3xOsc for the sub, this is almost all free instrument plugins. 10 instances of Plogue Sforzando running various Karoryfer sample libraries (also free, made by me and a few friends), BigRoomKix Synth for the kick, Nabla for another string machine layer.

There are a few commercial effects plugins in the vocal, too. But the instruments are pretty much free. I wasn't planning that, it just sort of turned out that way.

It sounds awesome! This is great proof that skills and knowing your tools are more important than all the most new and fancy expensive plugins. Great job

Thanks. I'm not the most skilled producer in the world, but I do know a lot of these tools well - all the SFZ insturments loaded into Sforzando I mapped myself, and a lot of them I also recorded the raw samples for. So I really know what they sound like and what the control parameters do, since I made them myself.

Also, the singer knows the gingerbread cookies in the background photo, since she made them herself.

Back