Rich Parents with Emo Kids - Shatter

RPEK

Moon Balcony
Hey guys! Worked with this for waay too long. Took forever to mix and master and I'm still not satisfied with the result :( I think the song simply became unable to save after all the intense mixing and huge amounts of layers. I really have to learn how to sort away layers and live by the idea that less is more, cause damn I have like 4 leads going on at once here.

BUT, it was a dream of mine to finish a 3/4-time EDM track for long and now it's finally completed. So I'm gonna be super happy about it regardless!!

Hope someone else enjoys it too! Would love to hear any feedback or critique and find out things that I haven't thought of myself. My biggest issue with it is mostly the pump and sense of being in the middle of all the music - I don't feel there's enough space in the track for the melodies to really feel close and epic and immerse the listener. That might be because I can't afford proper headphones though hehe...
I think there's something wrong with the bass or the imagers maybe??

RPEK - Shatter by RPEK | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Thanks so much for listening!!
(btw, the distortion in the bass drum is intended, as well as the trippy bass lines in the end - and also the tritonus note in the "epic" part of the chorus)

Last edited:
Its a damn shame that nobody responded to this one yet. This track is awesome! Love the energy. I did not notice a lot of mixing issues, maybe because I was just overwhelmed by the sheer energy of it all, but I was blown away. As usual, my only complaint is that its too short!
Keep it up man!

Its a damn shame that nobody responded to this one yet. This track is awesome! Love the energy. I did not notice a lot of mixing issues, maybe because I was just overwhelmed by the sheer energy of it all, but I was blown away. As usual, my only complaint is that its too short!
Keep it up man!

Man, you always manage to get me into a great mood. Thank you so much for the words! Means so much and truly keeps me going.

I can only agree with DZM on this, the track (like your others) has an infectious energy, no noticeable problems that I could pick out. You bombard the listener and then it's over, lol. I think you could extend this track, you could definitely make the breakdown longer for starters and build some more tension before it's suddenly all over you :berzerk:.

I can only agree with DZM on this, the track (like your others) has an infectious energy, no noticeable problems that I could pick out. You bombard the listener and then it's over, lol. I think you could extend this track, you could definitely make the breakdown longer for starters and build some more tension before it's suddenly all over you :berzerk:.

Thank you for listening and the kind comments! I know, I'm a bit hysteric in my expression haha - but it somewhat reflects me and my impatience I guess. But I will definitely try to extend my works a bit, I forget that my listeners aren't as tired of my track as myself :P

Thank you for listening and the kind comments! I know, I'm a bit hysteric in my expression haha - but it somewhat reflects me and my impatience I guess. But I will definitely try to extend my works a bit, I forget that my listeners aren't as tired of my track as myself :P

I struggle with this as well, you listen to it too many times and ironically can't hear it any more as a piece of music. I've started doing a cool down period and posting it privately on soundcloud, then coming back to it a day or two later and making sure I listen to it online so I'm not tempted to start fiddling with it in a DAW. Still takes some discipline to get this right, I'm getting there!

Back