Rate this house newbie

Linas

Hey guys, this is my first ever post, so please don't be gentle, I want rough feedback.
This is my last song, I have made a few remixes, but it's just too much to find vocals that I really like, cause I am pretty picky, and I make a song like this in a couple of hours..

rate me by L | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Here is another one, this one in my opinion is a bit better, although, I don't like lead synth that much..
Rate by L | Free Listening on SoundCloud
I got more of these coming, so, rate me away!

Last edited:
For that kind of music, I found it takes too long to start and when it finally does, the 1st thing I noticed is the lack of a big sidechain like this style demands. You need to muscle your kick up IMO. I also note that some hihats could help but it's a matter of taste. Other than that, I liked the melodies (a bit avicii like) maybe you cut it a bit abruplty around 0:30 before you bring it back the same way around 0:50. Try to filter it instead of cutting it (just an idea). You've got yourself a nice solid base of work here, it shouldn't be so hard to improve it!

I'd be glad you check that out, it's my latest techno tune :People Control by Chris Van Gills | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:
Thank you mate! Honestly, I forgot to do some of the mastering and mixing in these tracks, because I was in a hurry, since my mind made up lots of melodies in my head, and I really didn't want to lose them!
I also hated that cut out in there, I just wanted to do something different, cause high/low filtering is really common, and I just wanted to add up some delay and let it fade away itself, but, it kind a sucked..
Thank you for comparing me with avicii! :D I mean my head automatically makes these melodies into EDM, at first I tried to make tropical house, cause I really love that genre, but like my songs always ended up a mixture between those two, and it wasn't just going anywhere.. Thank you for your comment!

Back