Producing house for 6 months need help please :)

aksparky

hi i have been producing for nearly 6 months i don't really know any other producers so i am looking for any feedback tips anything to help better myself if anyone could help me out that would be really helpful i will help anyone else in anyway i can although i am pretty new to it all i have a couple of deep house tracks on my sound cloud if anyone gets chance to have a listen and help me out that would be great thanks

https://soundcloud.com/alexlusby

Hey friend - I am checking out all your tracks but mostly responding to the ZHU faded remix. You did a really good job overall man! Because of how the Steve James remix has blown up you kind of have a tall order in front of you remixing this track but you did take it in your own direction. I may be able to offer a few ideas:

The intro was actually my favorite part, largely because of the width you achieved and how you filled out the frequency spectrum. When the filtering stopped the holes in the frequency spectrum became more apparent. Try compressing that piano pretty hard (in the range of 6 - 12 db, maybe more if you like the sound) and running it through some saturation or subtle distortion. That will thicken the track sound.

I would also make that bass stab have more of a pluck to it. Try to make the cutoff open more at the attack and close quickly like it's doing now. For the upper melody lines, try layering several patches playing the same music, and pan them around the stereo spectrum. Carve at them with EQ so they don't get muddy, but you will get more width and a more unique sound with several well chosen patches. It will help you get that BIG sound with energy.

I also would recommend compressing some of the drums more, but that's only if you were to stick with this mix. I have a feeling if you start layering more samples you won't need to compress the drums much, just bring them forward in the mix and maybe layer in a few more samples over the snare to make it fatter.

Overall great work – keep it up my friend!

I recently made a remix of Chromeo’s “Jealous (I Ain’t With It)” for a competition – I would very much appreciate your feedback on it, and if enjoy it I ask you to please click “vote.” It can be heard at this link:

https://www.indabamusic.com/opportu...missions/c0371f18-f18b-11e3-ad95-22000b2410cc

One small vote could help me achieve my dreams – but only if you feel it is deserving!

Cheers!

Thanks for taking time to listen and the advice i will definitely take that on board and try out some of the things you mentioned.

Just checked out your Chromeo remix really like what you have done with it a really fun sounding track with a lot of energy you will definitely get my vote

Thanks again

Back