Producing

Dr Spaceman

Hello Guy's,

Im Niels and i produce now for a half year music what i love to do.

But o have a question to the one's that do it longer and make also some good music and hope to get some answers on it.

I do it now for half a year i i love it i try to play every day on my keyboard i do some basic stuf on it to train my piano skills :)

But what is it that you guys (the ones that make already some good music) advice me to train to practice, what are the fundamentals or is it really just facking around in the daw.

Hope to hear something thanks guys

Last edited:
Definitely experimenting with different genres. You'd be surprised how strong you are in one particular genre compared to something completely different (say for instance trance versus dubstep). Experimenting and creating tracks in different genres of edm taught me tricks that I would've never learned had I not watched a tutorial for trance.

Thank you man,

The hole genre idea is something i need to work on because i make mow just music and don't try to fit it into any genre but it's definitely something i need to work on

I'm on the same boat as Erikkhere, just experiment, whack out a few tunes like there's nothing to lose. Put absolutely everything into whatever you do and then flesh out what you feel works, what doesn't work. Then, keep experimenting until you feel comfortable with your sound and style. Music shouldn't be about this grand design of structure, it's the raw emotions you put into your work. It's why we call it a form of art after all :)

Back