[Own Style] The Jack Effect - Eat Sleep Rave Repeat Bootleg

I like the the instrumentation and arrangement. Just kept waiting for a big nasty kick drum to drop in. Sounds like you cut everything below about 60Hz and above 16kHz. But I do like it. Like it enough that I've spent the last hour messing around with it on my own just for funzies :)

Awesome idea, this was a fun song man! This has a ton of potential, just gotta second the above from djdazznj and let you know that I too was waiting for a solid, huge kick to start thumping in, which would really take this home in my opinion. Noticed a double kick hit at around 0:50, give that a listen and let me know if you see what I mean.

Really excited to hear more from you man, this was cool! In general as well, I would make sure that you are using high pass filters on your layers to make sure unintented elements like vocals/mids/highs/percussion/etc aren't cutting into your low end and making it much harder to come through.

Last edited:
thanks for the feedback guys :D your right on the kick hehe im still learning to make em its hard xD and ye i layered my kick around 0:50, i wanted to have it some more juice :p

Back