Original Track - Untitled at the moment

HISH

Hello everyone,

After roughly a three year break from making music, I've recently felt ready to return to continue learning and improving.

I've been working on my latest track for over a month and would appreciate to hear your feedback if you're so inclined to offer it.

Draft 6 by grov(r) | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Primarily, I'm most interested in hearing your thoughts on the content of the music– what you enjoyed, what you didn't enjoy and why you may have felt that way. If you have comments regarding the technical/acoustical issues with the current mix, I'm happy to receive those as well as I'm still learning to mix efficiently and cautiously.

I'm really striving to develop my understanding of ways I can improve in order to give my music more energy. My goal is to create both a unique/personal sound but still have my music make people want to dance.

I appreciate anyone and everyone who takes the time to listen to my track. Thank you for taking the time to read this and to listen to my music.

Last edited:
- The kick was uncomfortable to listen to because of all the high freqencies, i would tune the highs and mids waay down. It gets better after 0:30, but it's still too clicky in my opinion.
- The effect on 0:16 sounds of beat. Its perfect when it appears before the drop.
- Around 2:00 the white noise is overwhelming. This happens again from 3:30-4:30.
- I would drop the lead at the break ~3:20.

Overall it sounds like you've put a lot of work into this song, pat yourself on the shoulder!

Thank you for your feedback Henjo. I appreciate you taking the time to provide your thoughts.

nice track ; overall its good music; what are you goals with your songs? bc I think that may influence your energy approach moving forward. but in regards to mixing; I turned my headphones way down to listen, and I could be wrong, but maybe try bringing the kick down -4db and I think the snare could be a little louder as well as some mid high snap/smack/smash. I think the off-beat hats could come down a few dB in the intro maybe just automate that particular section - not the second top loop hats just the off beat ones. - these are just ideas, ultimately its ur song and I think you did a good job especially for just getting back at it. there's def a lot going on and you can hear everything so nice job there. are you mixing using SPAN yet?

Back