Original Song/First Project [Tranquilizer] Need Feedback Please!

fatmike13

First Original Song

Not sure which genre it fits into but hopefully someone likes it.
Let me know what you think! And follow me on soundcloud for any new songs!

Thanks

Last edited:
This is a neat track. The sounds seem to work together pretty well. I do like how you add in some variety throughout. I do feel it is a bit repetitive. Perhaps you could bring the variations sooner in the song. There are a few parts in the mix where sounds get covered up where I dont think you meant to cover up. But overall, a cool idea, especially for a first project!

Thanks and yeah i think i should make the variations come sooner to keep the repetitiveness from being so obvious. Thanks once again!

This sounds nice! Hard to believe it's your first project..

Missing a bigger impact for when that arpeggiated synth comes in, work on the transitions to try and add a little bit more interest and anticipation. Personally, I wouldn't worry about repetitive at all, unless you don't like it yourself. I'm a sucker for repetitiveness. Nothing quite like listening to that perfectly grooved loop over and over again with minimal change.

Your mix is too squashed at this point, I can hear levels going in and out quite dramatically as other sounds come in. Easily fixed by trying to work with lower levels as you mix and stay well clear of the 0dbfs mark. I don't want to go into too many details and nit pick because I think it'll just confuse you, you are well on your way so keep on going and practice!

Good job, I will follow you as I want to hear what comes next.

Cheers,
D

Last edited:
Housey, I like it! Cool progression/chords. First thing I noticed is that the snare seems really thin/unpronounced, maybe try beefing it up w a lo end eq bump or by laying some other sample. Also, I really want to hear a open hi hat on the and (aka up beat) (i'll admit personal preference). You could also try automating a hi pass filter to gradually cut the los out beore new sections begin for added impact. Great idea overall, keep it up!

Thank you very much! All of you, ill take all of your tips and suggestions into account to fix the track and when i going on to make other ones. Im working on another one atm hopefully it comes out good.

Nice work on the synth and chord work. A couple things I could suggest is making the snare a bit punchier (or just replace it with a fuller snare) and boosting the level and bass of your kick. I would also consider looking into the deep realm of mixing and mastering in order to emphasize the elements of the song you want to. Otherwise, for a first song this is very well composed, keep it up!
If you care to check my track out, here's the thread:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-dirty-south-etc/trvp-beat-spacey-f4f-490626/

The sounds work together and the whole project is nice. BUT i think you should have more time spending on the mix! thats the annoying part... focus more on the mix-part...

Back