Opinions On My New Song

Kier1234657

Hey, I'm kinda new here and was wondering if you could give an opinion of my new song I made today. Any feedback would be great. It was meant to sound like an Avicii song when I started but dosen't sound like that all (RIP Avicii). I know there are some mistakes like sidechainiing(Ect) I'm going to fix those later on. Same with fixing the outro as well because I kinda' got a bit lazy with the outro :)

Attachments

• Trying.mp3
    8.2 MB · Views: 28
I was aiming for his older sorta house style rather than levels lol. I see your point though

Last edited:
Hey man.

My biggest inspiration is Avicii and listented countless hours to his music. I also create music inspired by him.

Some feedback:

- The mix is a bit dry, the instruments dont feel as they work together as one, more each one per say. Not sure how to explain this, but try and choose your instruments so they flow together. Also reverb etc can help, (dont over reverb)

- I felt the volume of diffrent segments and instruments where not consistent. Focus on mixing them together for a better flow.

- The bass was not doing its part. Pick a bass with more sub and EQ them together for a nice bass.

- I think the arrangemt could be a bit more consistent aswell. Certain parts felt forced such as 3:50.

I think you got a cool idea that needs some perfection. Back to the studio and just keep working. Dont forget there are many great guides on youtube for mixing, bes ure to check them out.

Would love your feedback aswell.
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ep-jonatan-unoffical-remix-550123/?highlight=
Best regards,
Jonatan

Thanks for the feedback. I always struggle to pick synths and instruments to be honest that go together so I often EQ them to try and make them fit better. As for reverb I'm still not entirely sure when to add it, so I tend not to add a lot of it. I do struggle with arrangement that's the hardest part for me but I'll keep practicing. I'll also be sure to check out your song not to sure how I would help with feedback though, lol

Hey!

Just your support means a ton for me haha:)

Some tips for reverb! Dont reverb to mich on the low end! That makes the track muddy and messy!

Think of reverb like this! If you want the sound to be in your face, no revern at all! The more reverb, the further away it is from you! So if you want a sound in the background, be sure to add some reverb and it will place it there!

For arrengment, my only tip is to compare and listen to proffesionall tracks! Dont overdo it to start with, not to many segments!

Keep working hard man!!
Best regards,
Jonatan

Hey,

Thanks For the advice I really liked your track it sounded a lot like Avicii's work. By any chance do you have any advice for synths and how to mesh them together because thats something I'm not very good at doing (sorry if I'm being annyoing by asking lol)

There are alot of really good elements in this song.Jonatan hit all the the major issues the best piece of feedback I can give is make another track and and another after that...

Hey!

Not at all! Well first off dont take too many instruments, it will sound messy! Take 2 max 3 for each freq range! So for examle 2 bass, 2 mid and 2 leads! Eq them together so the leads dont mess with the bass etc.

Also in the pluggins for the synths! Play Around with attack, decay etc! Can really change the dynamic of a synth!

When you got diffrent synths! You can slightlt pan one left and one right so they dont clash aswell!

Lastly, dont reverb all your sounds, it will just sound mushy!

Keep working! :)

I see what you got going here. My biggest tip would be to practice layering your leads and bass to make it sound more full. Some reverb can help that too.

Hey, First Of all thanks for all the feedback you have all been really helpful. So I took on board some of your advice and tryed to sepearate the freq from one and other and added a lot more reverb (Not sure if it's far to much or not lol). Let me know what you think?

Edit: Its not the same project as the one originally in the thread though lol

Attachments

• Seperated Freq.mp3
    361.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
not too bad at all! I personally love the style you are aiming for (2009-2011/12 house) and this track goes in the right direction. The whole track sounds very thin so learn what layers to use and how to implement them in the production. Also look at your levels as some parts are too loud like the crash for example.
Solid starting point and definitely something where you can build on. Keep working and stay on that lane.
Would be great if you listen to my latest project and leave some feedback: Public Enemy Remix (electro House), looking for feedback

Yeah thanks for the feedback I've always liked older style house tracks as opposed to new house tracks that are out at the moment.
I'll be sure to check out your track and drop a comment sometime later on

Back