New single "Rain Forest" Feedback for Feedback!

TrapTommy

What's going on everybody? I posted this track on here in a private link before to get some final opinions before I posted it publicly but now here it is. I aimed at keeping a really mellow vibe to this track giving it a little tropic house feel but keeping it mainly sounding progressive. The track is played at 126 bpm and is in the C-major scale and is available for a FREE DL (just if anyone was wondering) I'm going to continue dropping some pretty game changing tracks soon so follow me on SoundCloud to keep up with me!

"Rain Forest" - https://soundcloud.com/trilltek/rain-forest-trilltek-free-dl
If you really like this track you can support it by voting for it in SpinninRecords Talent Pool at this link below
[VOTE] - TrillTëk - Rain Forest | Spinnin' Records

Check out the dope little music video I made for the track if your interested! If I can 15 likes on this video I'll be posting the FLP for anyone's chance to remix it.
[VIDEO] - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq5q_AYf-RM

Anyways thanks everyone on Future Producers who's been giving awesome feedback and positively criticizing all my work its been a good year, hopefully 2016 has even more to bring. Happy New Year everyone!

Pretty chill song and i like the transitions. Are you using some kind of EQ automation. Because it sounds really good!

Pretty chill song and i like the transitions. Are you using some kind of EQ automation. Because it sounds really good!
Yeah I am I really focused alot more time on my e'quing and mastering then I have in all my previous work, Thank you for your feedback! its appreciated

I really like the idea of this track! Imo the bassline is a bit weird, also the choir(?) on the background sounds a bit offkey. Maybe if you give the bassline and the choir the same notes it sounds a bit cleaner. Now it's a bit blurry in the drop part.

I think you did a really decent job out there, but you just need to finetune it a bit.

Keep it up!

I really like the idea of this track! Imo the bassline is a bit weird, also the choir(?) on the background sounds a bit offkey. Maybe if you give the bassline and the choir the same notes it sounds a bit cleaner. Now it's a bit blurry in the drop part.

I think you did a really decent job out there, but you just need to finetune it a bit.

Keep it up!

Thank you! and yeah I was noticing that today about the bassline, I will deff keep looking into on further productions. Thank you for the feedback!

Nice track, but i agree with KayKnoops, the baseline and the melody are off key. Overall it's well mixed and mastered.
Thanks for your feedback on my chillstep track. Will look at it and try to make it better.....

Really nice use of space. Mixdown sounds great to me, punchy at low volume. Only thing I can mention is that bassline at the start/end as others have said. I really like the melody and with the piano it sounds great! Basically just keep doing what you're doing man good work.

Track jumps out and is high which I dig. The sidechaining sounds a bit off beat at first, but def hits its groove and I'm always a fan of percussions. Nice mixing, addition of other instruments, chord progression and growth in this track. The vocal sample you have in the build up sounds like it's out of tune. Def a solid track and I can see people bouncing to this.

Check me out at: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ved-still-die-archangels-remix-f4f100-515773/

Nice synth sounds and I dig the addition of the different nature sounds like the birds in the background - fleshes out the sounds. The lead flute is also a nice island addition. When the side chain and other synths all come together the sound seems a little muddy like too much going on in the same frequencies - do you have the high melody and then 2 other synths competing during that section? Maybe make one of them an octave lower. And I'd also check out the note of the main synth sidechained and see if you can put it in tune a bit more. Def a high energy fun song with bounce.

Check me out at: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ved-still-die-archangels-remix-f4f100-515773/

Really nice use of space. Mixdown sounds great to me, punchy at low volume. Only thing I can mention is that bassline at the start/end as others have said. I really like the melody and with the piano it sounds great! Basically just keep doing what you're doing man good work.
Thanks man I appreciate it! and I will look more into what everyone is saying about the bassline

Track jumps out and is high which I dig. The sidechaining sounds a bit off beat at first, but def hits its groove and I'm always a fan of percussions. Nice mixing, addition of other instruments, chord progression and growth in this track. The vocal sample you have in the build up sounds like it's out of tune. Def a solid track and I can see people bouncing to this.

Thank you for your positive feedback and I'll check out your thread

Really beautiful vibe, feel like it's lacking high end though? (apart from the flue of course). Love the bird fx in the background, maybe get rid of them for the buildup? Drop melody is nice. Kick drum needs to cut through more though, sidechain that to your basses :) Your clap is quiet too, in fact most of your drums are quiet. Tone them up a fair bit :)

Great track!

Very good, full sound in your mix. Well done! Nice idea of the combination of piano and flute in break, but in my opinion the piano/flute melody can be a bit more happy, it sounds a bit minor (the opposite of major, i hope i use the right word). The drop was not exactly what i was expecting, but thats no problem, its nice to vary on the style tropical house that by so many people is interpreted the same way. I think I do the same with my music. I would try to, just as Kay Knoops also said, try to make the melody and the bass completely on key. Overall I think you are good in finding the right sounds and the right mix. Keep up the good work!

Really like the bongo drums and the pan flute. Im not sure the melody for the pan flute sounded as good as it could have though, and when the vocal sample comes in there are some notes that are clearly clashing in my opinion. Your layering of synths and atmosphere created in the buildup is perfect though. I actually like how the vocal sample clashes in the actual drop and those bird noises are an awesome background sound. Your buildups are really, really good. I like the laser thingies and then claps sounded very professional. Main thing I would work on is making sure the melodies you make fit with the chord progressions you choose. Usually(obviously this is not a hard rule), the main notes would be actual chord tones. Then you have passing tones to get to other chord tones, etc. etc.

Keep it up and thanks for the feedback :)

Really beautiful vibe, feel like it's lacking high end though? (apart from the flue of course). Love the bird fx in the background, maybe get rid of them for the buildup? Drop melody is nice. Kick drum needs to cut through more though, sidechain that to your basses :) Your clap is quiet too, in fact most of your drums are quiet. Tone them up a fair bit :)

Great track!
Thank you for the feedback! and I will look more into what you said for my new project

Very good, full sound in your mix. Well done! Nice idea of the combination of piano and flute in break, but in my opinion the piano/flute melody can be a bit more happy, it sounds a bit minor (the opposite of major, i hope i use the right word). The drop was not exactly what i was expecting, but thats no problem, its nice to vary on the style tropical house that by so many people is interpreted the same way. I think I do the same with my music. I would try to, just as Kay Knoops also said, try to make the melody and the bass completely on key. Overall I think you are good in finding the right sounds and the right mix. Keep up the good work!
Thank you! and yeah for the past year I've really just been trying to find my own sound which makes alot of my work sound different and unique but I will deff keep your tips on hand

Really like the bongo drums and the pan flute. Im not sure the melody for the pan flute sounded as good as it could have though, and when the vocal sample comes in there are some notes that are clearly clashing in my opinion. Your layering of synths and atmosphere created in the buildup is perfect though. I actually like how the vocal sample clashes in the actual drop and those bird noises are an awesome background sound. Your buildups are really, really good. I like the laser thingies and then claps sounded very professional. Main thing I would work on is making sure the melodies you make fit with the chord progressions you choose. Usually(obviously this is not a hard rule), the main notes would be actual chord tones. Then you have passing tones to get to other chord tones, etc. etc.

Keep it up and thanks for the feedback :)
No problem! and I most deff will thank you :-)

Back