New melodic techno track - feedback appreciated

Hey Startech,
like your track very much, nice groove, great bassline.
I expected more melody as melodic tech is the subject of this thread,
but maybe my definition of melodic tech is not accurate.
That‘s also the only thing I would add, maybe 1-2 more instruments/synths to
give the Track more dynamic, at least a lead synth - but of course this is my personal preference and very subjective.
as said, cool tune, also checked out your other tracks, subscribed.
maybe you wanna check out my stuff too and tell me what you don’t like.
Gruss in die Hauptstadt!

Last edited:
Thank you for your opinions guys, very much appreciated!

I agree with you RePhilll that a genre definition is often not that straightforward. For me personally it's also not that important to define it in detail, but I use it at least for a rough expectation management ;)

Pretty nice groove and very strong percussion. All the elements work well together but there appears to be a lack of variation here. It is a small complaint however as it's a strong track overall.

Thanks a lot for the compliments and the valuable input Soul Of Seun!

In most of the cases I try to focus on a rather minimalistic approach with subtle variations and a negligible amount of elements, which in the best case are telling one story together. However, what you and RePhilll are saying about the variation is an interesting and important aspect. In general I guess there's sometimes a thin line between losing interest during an arrangement on the one hand or overloading it and losing its focus on the other hand. @all: Are there maybe any further views especially about this this topic? Would be very interesting to read.

Hey man,
like the track. Agree with the above that its perhaps not "melodic", though I groove with this baseline for sure!

I think it works without adding more, though there is enough to keep interest, though if I'd add something it would probably be more of a rhythmic element to build on the track rather than some more melody because I think the track has a nice atmosphere to it.

Mix is clean and crisp, liked it and will follow on soundcloud!
Cheers,
DZM

I'm not a techno fan, I prefer EDM and melodic stuff, but I think your track is well balanced and mixed! Keep it going! :D

Back