New here, would love some feedback! (Heavy EDM? Festival Bass? I really don't know)

ZerpS

Hey guys,

I'm new here. I've been amateurishly attempting production for the last few years and decided recently I want to start interacting with other people. I really enjoy making heavy, dark music and came from a heavy metal/heavy rock background growing up.

https://soundcloud.com/layzers/journey-of-sound would be my latest original track. It uses voice samples form the Pulse 100K pack and those vocal samples are the worst part of the track at the moment. They're kind of abrasive. I actually added most of them as a joke or placeholders and ended up running with it.

I know this won't be everyone's style at all, but this is what comes out of me :shrug: I hope to become more complex with my pieces in the future.

Enough babble, please critique away! (and any tips on how to blend the voice clips would be cool)

Last edited:
Your track is cool. Good job. Do you use presets or did you make all by yourself?

Modified presets for the most part. For the main section, the bass/growl sound is two modified Serum patches. The main, loudest one, is from a pack called "WMS" but again I modified it and the patch is intended to use the mod wheel whereas I just left it where the modulation sounds good without it. It's also heavily EQ'd to almost be a formant filter but with no modulation there either. This gave room in the mids for the vocal clips (which still are not mixed in right)

There is a second Serum patch matched up with that one, you can hear it in the breakdown, it's a modified and heavily EQ'd Cymantics preset (Whippy Oddpass) which I heavily lowpassed and highpassed just to give a center to the sound and that bitey kinda thing when the main section comes back from the breakdown.

The synths at the beginning I can basically say are mine, they're just decked out super saws with my own random modifications to them. I've used it in most of my tracks with an autofilter to create most of the flow in my tracks. It's gonna get old fast though so I'm going to have to develop some more leads.

Back