New girl here! Rate my EDM song? :)

It’s been a while since I logged in here lol but just wanted to say everyone’s feedback is awesome! I’ve gotten back into my hobby and producing has kind of turned into an obsession since this quarantine. Hope everyone is doing well.

I guess my main issue with my mixes is trying to figure out what to look out for. I have the melody in mind and I know how I want it to sound in my head. When I finally have it down in FL, it sounds how I want it on external speakers, but some areas sound choppy when just listening on an iPhone.

I’m comparing my mix to others who have produced on FL mobile and those sound clean. I’m planning on using the desktop version on future tracks though.

Does anyone know of any good sound design tutorials of before EQ and after EQ and what to look out for? I have looked at tutorials on YouTube and better understand how each instrument has its own frequency.

Thank you all! :)

There are a few on Youtube.
But generally think of it this way Pan will move the sound left and right and boosting HF on a clean signal will bring it forward and rolling off HF and adding a bit if reverb or delay will sink it back.
Years ago before DAWs existed I had all my synths running from a Hardware sequencer through a 32track analogue desk.
That went out to a recording machine either 1/4" Revox DAT or Cassette. Mixing usually consisted on riding faders and fiddling around with pan pots very often the mix sounds great until you play it on someones home stereo or in a car. so I purchased a Technics Graphic with Spectrum analyser mainly because the display showed 21 bands. What was good about it was if the mix was basically good but the over all dynamic was too middley trebley or too bass heavy you could level the curve out without needing to re eq everything.
Eventually you kind of tune your ears into the monitors and you can hit a flatish response without needing to use the graphic and you end up only looking at the spetrum purely as a sanity check.

Last edited:
The mix sounds really strange, the kick is too low and have bad eq.
The synths need better eq and some extra sounds to fill in the void.
The parts in the song dont fit together and needs better mixing.

Last edited:
Back