Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New girl here! Rate my EDM song? :)

Thanks

Red face New girl here! Rate my EDM song? :)

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi everyone!

I go by the name Snow Tigress. I am somewhat new to the producing scene, itís currently just a hobby

Feedback on my channel and music is appreciated! And subscribers would be awesome too

Newest song ďLiftĒ

Thanks!

Thanks
    Good day Snow Tigress,

Use a spectrum analyser to balance your song, at the moment your low end is a bit weak. The tension created by the sweeps needs to be released (0:16), add a snare (maybe a short downs-weep) or something to exhaust the expectation created by the sweep. You should also evolve the lead over the entire song. Some of the sound are competing with each other, you can also correct this by using a spectrum analyser.

I hope this helps in some way.

Kind regards,

TS

Thanks
    Hi Tierno,
    Thanks so much for all the feedback! I will keep this advice in mind

Thanks
    Hi Tierno,
    Thanks so much for all the feedback! I will keep this advice in mind

Thanks
    What DAW do you use for producing? What other gear?

Thanks
    Hello Snow.

I think your sounds and melody are fine. The mix may benefit from a bit of a bass boost and some EQing; my initial listen has only been on the internal iPhone speaker.

I *do* agree that your sweeps/rises/drops and your breakdowns and build-ups need to coincide more and be a bit better organized though. Listen to other productions in this genre to get a sense of some other options you might explore.

Good work overall though.

GJ
    Last edited by rhythmgj; 03-04-2020 at 11:03 AM. Reason: ...
    Gregg Juke
    Nocturnal Productions
    The Sonic Vault Recording Studio
    Drum! Magazine Contributor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HardLeft View Post
    What DAW do you use for producing? What other gear?
    FL Studio! For this particular song though, I actually used FL mobile lol. I wanted to try out and see what capabilities the app version has

Took me a few months but overall Iím good with the way this song turned out but feel I can improve. Feedback is appreciated!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rhythmgj View Post
    Hello Snow.

I think your sounds and melody are fine. The mix may benefit from a bit of a bass boost and some EQing; my initial listen has only been on the internal iPhone speaker.

I *do* agree that your sweeps/rises/drops and your breakdowns and build-ups need to coincide more and be a bit better organized though. Listen to other productions in this genre to get a sense of some other options you might explore.

Good work overall though.

GJ
    Hi GJ,

I agree with your advice and I feel the song sounds better on speakers than on the iPhone. But thatís definitely something Iíll look into.

Thanks so much for your feedback! Itís appreciated

Thanks
    Welcome SnowTigress!If I had only one advice to give, it would be : go learn the ropes of music production with FL Studio on youtube, there's plenty of related content. It seems you have a nice creativity when it comes to electronic music and unfortnuately, creativity is the last thing you'll need in the looooong journey of music production (even at a amatuer level). It could be a nice exercise for you to try to apply some "unavoidable" technique to this particular track (working on EQ's for an example).Anyway I wish you luck and wait for the next track of yours right here.Cheers!Here's my latest techno track : [Techno] Chris Van Gills - I'm Alive

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty32 View Post
    Welcome SnowTigress!If I had only one advice to give, it would be : go learn the ropes of music production with FL Studio on youtube, there's plenty of related content. It seems you have a nice creativity when it comes to electronic music and unfortnuately, creativity is the last thing you'll need in the looooong journey of music production (even at a amatuer level). It could be a nice exercise for you to try to apply some "unavoidable" technique to this particular track (working on EQ's for an example).Anyway I wish you luck and wait for the next track of yours right here.Cheers!Here's my latest techno track : [Techno] Chris Van Gills - I'm Alive
    Hi! Thanks for your feedback

EQ is definitely something Iíd like to learn more about, hope to incorporate that more in my next track lol. I will check out your track too!

Thread Information