new electro beat "Pull Up" :) (f4f)

Smashmello

So here is my newest electro song. I hope you enjoy :)
Looking forward to some constructive critique. I'm really trying to get a little better with mixing and mastering ^^

edit: I feel the kick is sidechaining a bit too strong since there is so much deep bass in it. I will change that for the final version.

Last edited:
Is that a Chinese harp? I really like that pluck, great feel.
If I had the sidechaining my way, maybe just drop it down just a TAD. You want untrained ears to notice (I think), so your ears really noticing it should be just the right amount.
Climax is great.
Really good melody, chord progression.
Best yet is the distinctive intro, good for recognizability.

Here is my new track https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/production-techniques/showcase-your-music-give-receive-feedback/dream-catcher-house-feed-feed-%3B-450826/ If I could get some feedback that'd be saweeet.

thank you all :)
@swagproductionz: Yea I am aware of that. There is really a lot different between verse and climax especially. I often have that problem when I'm doing electro stuff. I can't get the transition from simple straight forward electro beat to a nice hopefully surprising chord structure..
@ajit: Thanks! I guess that is a good thought, I will keep that in mind when working on the sidechaining!
@Cofactor: The panning of the kick gave me a lot of problems and I tried to correct it but for some reason it is still a bit off.
@quike: Yea I think so too, at least for the climax the kick loses a lot of power. Your previous tip will probably come to help there :D

Thanks! I am aware of the panning but what do you mean exactly with the level? is it too loud? And the composition thing, thanks again, I can understand the first comment, but I guess this is more of a taste question then :)

Back