new acid house track -- lousy smarch acid

hey bro,
like the acid arp and the way you've panned them across, makes it sounds trippy! My question is, have you distorted the kick on purpose or? And maybe some mixing, EQ'ing issues but you've definitely got the idea and it got me bobbing!

Be great if you could drop me some feedback too on my new house track..

Ps...Followed and like brother.

midnight, why are you killing your track. It's like you climbed to the highest peak to join the mile-high club with (insert your favorite supermodel here) and then just pushed her off the edge. You have so great elements here. I really really dig the bloopy acid bounce in the back but your destroying your track with distortion. REMOVE all distortion. I don't care how high you are and how great you think it sounds. It doesn't. It's killing your music.

Unshackle your acid! Set it free!

midnight, why are you killing your track. It's like you climbed to the highest peak to join the mile-high club with (insert your favorite supermodel here) and then just pushed her off the edge. You have so great elements here. I really really dig the bloopy acid bounce in the back but your destroying your track with distortion. REMOVE all distortion. I don't care how high you are and how great you think it sounds. It doesn't. It's killing your music.

Unshackle your acid! Set it free!

Hey man, I appreciate your feedback! I quite like the distortion element, it reminds me of 90s hardstyle to an extent, but I would be curious to hear what it would sound like without this also. Also, I love the mile high analogy :p i'm quite new to producing in this style, so is there any tips you could give to make the track less distorted and more clean? Any advice would be greatly appreciated ;)

Hey dude! Thnx for the feedback. I did indeed purposefully distort the kick, but maybe a little too much. Do you have any tips on mixing/EQ'ing to give the track a less muddled sound? By the way I've checked out some of your SC tracks, and I gotta say I enjoyed them. Really bouncy and fun, and the production is really nice. So, bearing that in mind, any tips you could share would be great. Cheers!

hey bro,
like the acid arp and the way you've panned them across, makes it sounds trippy! My question is, have you distorted the kick on purpose or? And maybe some mixing, EQ'ing issues but you've definitely got the idea and it got me bobbing!

Be great if you could drop me some feedback too on my new house track..

Ps...Followed and like brother.

midnightmarauder
user-offline.png

Join DateSep 2016Posts73Thanks18Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts​

Hey dude! Thnx for the feedback. I did indeed purposefully distort the kick, but maybe a little too much. Do you have any tips on mixing/EQ'ing to give the track a less muddled sound? By the way I've checked out some of your SC tracks, and I gotta say I enjoyed them. Really bouncy and fun, and the production is really nice. So, bearing that in mind, any tips you could share would be great. Cheers!​

Hey midnightmarauder, I like the melody, the style and I think I know what you are heading for, the dirty sound of early 90's techno.

There are a few things you could try:

Try parallel distortion; mix a clean version with a distorted version of the song.

Or leave the kick out of the distortion, distorted hihats, claps, snare can give you the sound you are looking for.

Or distort only the high end of the mix and leave the low frequencies clean.

Experiment.

Last edited:
Your coming along nicely. Its a very muddy mix yeah, roll off everything under 25-30hz on the master channel. I've hundred or proper EQ'd Distorted TR909 kicks you can have, goes for anyone else too. The vocals, too low and EQ them up near the higher ends, they are lost in the mix. Turn up the hats. Consider 3/4 time for a cheeky change up at some point. At some point you might want to read and study how/when where to use shuffle, gates and flam as these are important and the techniques you can develop to hone in that sound. Look at my signature friend, remind yourself of this every time you sit down to create. Well done

Back