Thread: Need feedback on the mix and master.. 2nd song ever

Thanks

Need feedback on the mix and master.. 2nd song ever

Sign in to disable this ad
    New song, I think my mixing and mastering was improved with this one compared to my first song on my profile. Please let me know what you guys think of it.. if the low end sucks or if the leads are over powering let me know.. any advice or feedback is helpful.

Beach Day by MadColt | Mad Colt | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Thanks
    The most noticeable to my ears is the intro EFX, which sustains at most parts of the track and sounds like a hiss, around 16khz+. That needs fixing!

Thanks
    Thank you for the feedback its just a standard white noise sweep. I think I slightly boosted some of the treble frequencies of it and probably should have subtracted those frequencies instead. I'll take that into account on my next track..

Thanks
    Here's something that can help you a lot. Don't forget automations!! Cheers!

YouTube

and

YouTube

5. The Following User Says Thank You to smoba For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Really good for a second track. I think the track lack some low mids but it sounds totally fine, the low end is sufficient and again, keep up the good work!!

Thanks
    I think i’m hearing non-stop white noises at the drop ... more compression upon the noises might be better and i think it needs to be shortened a bit.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Aung Myat Paing For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Ok thank you I hear it too.. I didn't know white noise needed to be compressed thank you for your feedback!

Thanks
    Oh i mean ... side chaining with the kick , I always do that to these noises around -25 to -30db depending upon the track’s mood

Thanks
    The synth at 0:42 sounds really nice! This track has a good vibe to it. I think the white noise could be lower or it could repeat less times on the track, because it's kinda tiring to the ear. The drums could stand out more too, specially the kick. Overall it sounds nice for a second track, keep going!

Thanks
    There are definitely some interesting parts in there. The synth at 0:42 works great with the piano but personally I would automate a high pass filter on it but it definitely works like it is now as well. The shaker that is going between 0:07-0:37 is a bit too loud and I don't know if that is reverb/delay but it's got a real strange sound to it.

The most noticeable thing - except the white noise error that's already been mentioned - for me was that you could use some work on your transitions. It's all very sudden and it doesn't get that clean/crisp transition. Try putting some impacts/reverse crashes/explosions in there to make it less rough on the ear. I think this is a great start though so good work!

Thread Information