Nadia Ali - Rapture (remix)

Hey Linas -

Always love a nostalgic vocal. The main melody and the vocal seem to not be in key? or the notes of the melody are hitting conflicting notes. The melody is also quite loud compared to the vocals - you could try lowering the gain a touch and maybe applying a LPF during the breaks so there's less competition.

I think the song you've made is really cool - but the vocal seems to generally clash to me.

Top stuff mate! Keep it up.

Hey Linas -

Always love a nostalgic vocal. The main melody and the vocal seem to not be in key? or the notes of the melody are hitting conflicting notes. The melody is also quite loud compared to the vocals - you could try lowering the gain a touch and maybe applying a LPF during the breaks so there's less competition.

I think the song you've made is really cool - but the vocal seems to generally clash to me.

Top stuff mate! Keep it up.

Thanks man!
All the notes are in the right key, so, probably there's to much competing in mid fq's, though through my pc speakers it sounds pretty smooth..
Yeah, I felt that too, that they overlap with each other, though I thought it's because of a long producing time! :D
Thank you for your comment!!! Really appreciate it :)

Yo Linas
I'd say it sounds awesome! What I love is the mix of the main mel and the arp synth - super avicii - you are on the way!

Your highpass filter on the master is schweet I love it!!! Anytime you stop the beat and play just one mel or something (like right at the end) is very characteristic and has attitude - also awesome!

You just gotta try and make ur melody have a call and response - not only repeating the same melody over and over - like i always do bro - im guilty too. but when that main mel comes in you've got to switch it up with a call (what you have now) and a response, which is basically the same as the call but some how "answers" or concludes the first melody.

Also some intense sidechaining/kickstart on the drop part would be appreciated for sure!

You're a super talented producer!!!

Yo Linas
I'd say it sounds awesome! What I love is the mix of the main mel and the arp synth - super avicii - you are on the way!

Your highpass filter on the master is schweet I love it!!! Anytime you stop the beat and play just one mel or something (like right at the end) is very characteristic and has attitude - also awesome!

You just gotta try and make ur melody have a call and response - not only repeating the same melody over and over - like i always do bro - im guilty too. but when that main mel comes in you've got to switch it up with a call (what you have now) and a response, which is basically the same as the call but some how "answers" or concludes the first melody.

Also some intense sidechaining/kickstart on the drop part would be appreciated for sure!

You're a super talented producer!!!

A super big thank you beatty, you always give these informative yet uplifting comments!
Yeaah, I forgot to put some variety in the melody, I even copied the same melody to a 8 bar loop! :D

I will definitely take these tips, and the ones I got into pm, and make a new version of this song! A big thank you once again man, I never posted my music, cause I never got feedback, but now, I'm just going all into it!

Very well made. I think the drop could potentially be even 'heavier': since the tempo is quite low, there's room for a fat synth/bass to stress the drop. Also the drop at 3:00 seems a bit flat, maybe cut out the drums right before? Kick could also be punchier I think. But these are minor details, I really like everything else. Synths, percussion etc are all on point.

Yaay Rapture. I made remix with same vocals 4 years ago, it's a great song, my brother used to always listen to it.

Regarding your version, well what can I say, it's great! Not sure what negative feedback I should give, because can't pinpoint anything wrong with it.

Sekmes!

Back