My new track....feedback required Triphop/Chillout

CJ Topherson

Hi Everybody..I'm a newbie here so be kind. I'm fairly new to music production I only started in Feb 2019 due to an operation, I decided to take up my time into a new direction so started using FL Studio 20 with various vst's & Nektar Impact LX25+ midi keyboard...as to date I have 5 other unfinished projects I have been working on(which I will post up here soon) which need rearrangement, FX, sweeps, risers & VOCALS as well as mixing & mastering. Feedback is imperative as i need to improve my new skills...Thank You for listening.

Last edited:
Yooo,

Dope sounds, really loving the master quality. Real good stuff. Keep it going!

Don't really see it as a track but more as a real good soundtrack for space documentaries though. But from a producer point of view, you doing really good.

Really rich, cinematic feel to this. I like the balance to the mix and the breakdown/long ambient mid-section is particularly pleasing, with those nicely rolling variations and transitions. It could have done with some more variety of vocal samples, it seemed like just the one? Nice ending too, letting the piano-alike synth take centre stage was a good decision. Great job, well done!

Thank you for your kind words, I have worked on the track a little more & felt the vocals weren't meshing so I have taken them out, also there was a whipbird sample which i felt got annoying so replaced that with a more subtle transition fx, I have also tweaked the drum a little & did a version without the drum for a more chilled version.
So I have posted them on SC for you all to listen.
Re-edit:

Ambient version:

Back