Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my new progressive/house track! give me feedback! :)

Thanks

my new progressive/house track! give me feedback! :)

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey guys this is my newest track, tell me what u think!
    Last edited by DJkebu; 01-05-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Thanks
    It isn't bad, I like the bass and how you stutter it a bit, but I do have some complaints (more like advice,) try to change up the bass line a little more it seemed really repetitive, as far as the intro you need to make it more interesting, it is very long. I feel you have a lot of potential with this track but there is nothing to keep it interesting for the whole length of your song. I also would like to say when you first introduce the synth (which by the way needs a little more zing to it) try by introducing it with a low pass filter, and slowly lift the filter. I was disappointed with the melody, I was expecting it to be so much more than it is. But if you just write a longer melody, and change it up more and follow a simple progressive composition structure it will be awesome. Try thinking of it like this, Intro Build Climax release, verse, bridge chorus, verse, bridge chorus, another verse and a new bridge, with a killer climax, repeat chorus 2 times, bring back to the original theme and end.

please check out my 2 project samples
    https://www.futureproducers.com/foru...amples-428950/

I know dec5 is repetitive but I am deciding whether to continue or trash it.
    Last edited by Crackers07; 01-05-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks for the feedback. I feel the same way.. I like the first drop very much and i think it has potential but like u said it gets kind of boring. I tried making that up by bringing the different kind of melody around 2min and then bring back the original melody later. But I agree with you, it isnt that interesting.
    Also, when u said 'when u first introduce the synth..'' u mean the 'stab' synth at around 2min? it has a lowpass filter that rises up.
    But yeah, Maybe I will go in the project file and try changing things up! Thanks!

EDIT: and i will check the 2 samples u linked!
    Last edited by DJkebu; 01-05-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Thanks
    There is a lot of ignorance when it comes to house on these boards. Everytime I post a house beat people tell me the intro is too long. Ahah, the intro is supposed to be long. This house a very deep house feel, I wouldn't classify it as progressive. Not bad if its deep house though. Listen to my progressive house beat here if you like.

https://www.futureproducers.com/foru...listen-429198/

Thanks
    Thanks for the feedback! Haha, the project file was actually called ''deeper house'' in the beginning Ill check ur tracks too!

Thanks
    I dig the beat bro but the kick sounds a bit woody, you might change the kick a bit too gain some fatness to the beat!

Thanks
    This was really nice ! I definately liked it alot and all the breaks and transitions - I think the kick should stand out alot more tho but besides that good stuff

https://www.futureproducers.com/foru...ment-431243/2/

Thanks
    throw some vocals on this

Thanks
    Wicked nice man! very heavy,

Thanks
    really nice and layed back.

Thread Information