My latest Progressive Psytrance attempt, would anyone listen to this?

Hi Guys and Gals,

I've been following this forum for a while now, but mostly quietly as I do not consider myself a pro to provide proper help. But I have to say this forum is full of gems if one looks hard enough and I like to think that it helped me a lot with my progress
smile3.gif

That being said, I'm still not a pro, on the contrary, far away from it..

But I'd like to know what you think so far, would anyone listen to this? My aim was to produce Progressive Psytrance ;) Feedback is much appreciated
smile3.gif

Have a nice weekend!

This is really dope except for that pitched sinewave "pew" thing. I find that undermines the badassness of the track a lot. Sound design and mix is spot on. Really good balance between the elements. I think if you just muted the pew pew pew pew sound you probably would have a better track IMO.

I love good psytrance and can happily listen to this. Clear, strong, well placed sounds and like the vocals, nice kick and bass too.

What synth you using for the weird psytrance lead/effect sounds?

Nice groove! To make it more progressive though you could play with the beat (or tempo) a little more, to make it more surprising. All in all very balanced and good psytrance you got there!

Thank you for your feedback. :) This is definitively on my list of things to learn. I love that in psytrance tracks too when the synth is sped up and morphs into another one. I haven't figured that part out yet as I tend to mess things up when playing with the tempo.

This is pretty good man, I am a psy enthusiast.... clear kick and bass.. and nice separation in the lead synths... real good psy has all the glitches and little transitions, etc.. though this is not bad at all... mixing is really well balanced ;)

cool, what kind of processing chain do you have on these sounds? i cant quite get synth sounds to sound clean and full for some reason

There is a lot of EQing involved on almost all channels to clean it up. On the master I used TDR Nova, a compressor, maximus and limiter. If you want to add something more to your sound you could try to experiment with some reverb on a send channel and go from there ;)

Last edited:
Hey TaddeRW,

I think you could actually be of great help for people in here.
Anyway about the track, it sounds pretty good to me. The bass sits nice in the middle. The vocals are mixed nice in volume.
The bassy reverb thing on the side can get a bit old after a while, especially in psytrance I think it's important to keep the filler elements interesting, since the bass is so constant.

Kick sounds on point, hats too. I like the little percussive elements as well. Maybe the synth that comes over the bass like halfway could be tamed a little bit and have some additional fx (reverb/delays) to keep it interesting :)

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Precursor

Wow, nice track man! *Loved* the bass throughout it. It popped through, even on my mediocre work headphones. Vibe and mixing were spot on. I love this kind of music, and it's hard to find. Psytrance/Psybient is awesome stuff.

I too, like someone suggested earlier, found the 'pew pew' noises to be a bit much in the beginning, but instead of muting them, maybe drop their volume and filter them around or something. I felt they added, but were just a bit too much. Loved the track around the 4 minute part. Great stuff! I'd love to be able to produce something like this! :)

Only the funny sound in the mid break is not that good. Otherwise it´s good. End part is too long for my taste. Why bassline is always in flat C ?

Back