My FIRST track published here, very eager to receive some constructive feedback on it

radio_vamorda

Hello guys,

I've been watching tutorials and doing music for about 4 years and I wanted to gather my best productions in one place (for example Soundcloud) to share in case of someone's interest. Actually I find it difficult to 'finish' tracks and let them go to focus on something new. I thought that I good idea would be to ask you to share your thoughts on some of them so I would get to know what can be done better / in another way so that I can proceed and publish my first set of tracks.

Please find attached my track 'Andromeda' that is supposed to be the intro. As I used to be interested in astronomy a lot, I wanted to make something airy, with a lot of space with some additional vocal theme I accidentally find out on Facebook. What I would like to know is:

1) Your general attitude to the track - if you find it interesting or boring
2) Mixing - what would you change compared with what I've?
3) Mixing part 2 - isn't the whole track too compressed and has too little dynamics?

And generally I would be really grateful for our all thoughts and suggestions and respond to all of them.

I gotta say... this track is an acquired taste one. I say it because it sounds more like it was made for a movie or television show cue than for a sound recording release. If feels like it has no direction yet, it transported me to outter space (so to speak). The elements are well balanced and I have nothing to criticize mixing wise, it is (in my opinion) just not a song for the commercial crowd. A regular folk will listen to the first 10 seconds and probably will skip. It will take someone with an open mind and willingness to discover new music styles to give this a full listen. I was reluctant at first, but then strangely enough, I liked it, and I liked it very much.

Hi Kuab3r,

Thank you for your listening and feedback. Interesting that you mentioned the song sent you to the outer space (actually this was my goal). Your suggestion regards intro that it may not attract the attention of the listener - I will also keep that in mind and observe how the intro is done in other songs and take notes from professionals.

I checked your track 'Castle of Dreams'. Generally: very cool vibe that makes you feel somehow focused and relaxed and like on the way to the 'outer space';) I liked in the beginning that even though all of the mix elements seemed to be quite spacey, each of them had its own place in the mix and it made it more interesting for me to focus and find new elements in the mix. Also the choice of bass and flute were really good.

In terms of mix what I would consider is the volume/processing of clap (I think it could hit harder, but this can be also my personal taste) and the sample processing (chimes) for the drop (more reverb, panning automation) - I think it sounds a little bit too dry.

Generally I think this is a good production level and if you would produce something new, let me know and I would be pleased to check it.

1) Personally not a fan of the style but solid start for a first song
2) Subtractive eq is very very very needed in this track. There are many crashing frequencies
3) ^

Thank you for listening and opinion. Actually which frequencies do you mean and how harsh subtractive EQ would you use? I heard about testing each frequency with a very narrow EQ curve and then using quite 'heavy' correction (-10db or more) for those freqs that highly boosted sound like needle in you ears. Do you mean that or something else?

Music is so subjective, but speaking on my own behalf only, this was pretty sexy, not gonna lie lol

It's got a nice, downtempo, chill and small hint of psychedelic feel to it. It just sounds dreamy and surreal, I guess it feels "outer spacy", but this gave me more of a daydream into an "inner space", so to speak. (It's pretty cool how people feel or think different things when listening to music :) )

As far as production goes, I can't complain, this is pretty well done in regards to how the song is arranged but I do think the song needs to be longer in length. The ending kinda made me yearn for something better than how it ended. I can't really say much about the mixing if at all since it was pleasant to hear. No harsh overtones, no sudden clipping. This was enjoyable :)

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for listening, actually in terms of thinking when listening to the music you had quite similar associations as I did, because most of my music I make I try to make it rather chilly and positive, however with some psychedelic, downtempo elements/vibes so that it is more balanced and not too positive.

As far as the ending is concerned I can agree with that, because I didn't focus on the ending at all, however in terms of length I wanted it to be an intro, therefore I made a little bit shorter song.

Do you have your songs published somewhere? If so, please let me know and I will check it:)

Back