Mindance - Fade In

Mindance

Got my first track uploaded to soundcloud, so let me know what you think!

Last edited:
Quite short! A full version soon?
Anyway, good stuff, maybe the kick is a bit "flat" not heavy enough but other than that I like the work you did on the drums overall.

Thanks for the positive feedback, I really appreciate it!

Quite short! A full version soon?
Anyway, good stuff, maybe the kick is a bit "flat" not heavy enough but other than that I like the work you did on the drums overall.

Yeah, it's just a quick idea. I'm thinking about making a visualization video for Youtube as well, so I might make a new edit for that.

What do you mean? Is this the first music you ever made? No, it can not be, this sounds really good. But I guess you didn't mean it when you said " first track uploaded to soundcloud"... For how many years you make music?

Please feedback:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-lovely-bullet-edm-2018-a-549544/post50102679
[COLOR=inherit !important]

[/COLOR]

Definitely not my very first project I've ever made, it's the first track I was confident enough to upload as public.
I've been learning music and exploring Ableton somewhat regularly for a few years now and thought it was a good time to share a bit of the progress and go from here. I'll hope to post something new really soon!

Nice synths and bass, I also really like the drum rythm. I do want to suggest you pitch the kick a bit more down and give it more on the low end frequencies. The theme of the song suggest a heavier kick than you are using right now. Ableton has some very easy audio filters to enhance kick drums. Just play around with the EQ 8 and Auto filter. Should be an easy start for getting into more advanced kick drums.

Good luck on your next project!

Nice synths and bass, I also really like the drum rythm. I do want to suggest you pitch the kick a bit more down and give it more on the low end frequencies. The theme of the song suggest a heavier kick than you are using right now. Ableton has some very easy audio filters to enhance kick drums. Just play around with the EQ 8 and Auto filter. Should be an easy start for getting into more advanced kick drums.

Good luck on your next project!

Thank you for the detailed insight, that means a lot!

Last edited:
I like the tranquilizing key synths that you have in the second half of the song. They remind me of the sounds used in Berlin House. Overall I think it's mixed well, maybe think about adding some light compression on your drum bus to achieve some more movement and rhythm with your drums. The production quality is superb as well. Keep working at it!

Hey Mindance,

I realy like pads and strings generally. So it hooked me up anyways. :)
I don't know how you made the sidechain effect which is triggering the amplitude of your synth. But in case you used a compressor for it I would increase the attack time and would set the release time somewhere between 400 and 800 ms. Then I would add a sidechain to the baseline with short attack time and bit compression so it feels like pumping.

Just some ideas to add more dynamic but overall great work and im looking forward for the longer version. :)

Best regards
anerob

So many great points and feedback thus far, keeps me really motivated to work further on this track. I'll let you know when things start to take shape! :cool:

Last edited:
Back