Marsfall - synthwave

There are a couple of clipping issues. I'm far from an expert but I think it'd be due to a sort of 'over fullness' in your track caused by too many of the same frequency overlapping. I could be wrong on the cause. Other than that, it sounds good to me. I checked out some of your other works and I like the way you write, keep writing my guy it's good stuff.

Thanks for the feedback GP, appreciate the kind words! Your ears and/or your stereo are probably better than mine as I didn't pick up on the clipping before, does it start happening towards the end when it gets a bit busier?

It´s at around 4:00 - 4:40. U can´t NOT hear it ^^"
Maybe u made ur PC laggin while ur song was rendering. Happened to me once, now since then i let it finish first BEFORE i use it to google for some Artworks on google pics as new "soundcloud cover" for the song xD
The Song itself is really relaxing and in combination with the short time u make music now it´s worth to be appreciated :D
But it´s a bit empty. Sometimes some percs or fx that are used as riser, boomer etc may bring some diversity in ur song :P But like in ervery aspect of life... TOO much isn´t desirable too ^^
Im curious for ur next track =)

I like the synths. Maybe a bit too sharp of a master in my ears. But great harmonic shifts and clear cohesive arrangement. I personally would remove the strong attack on the "lead" synth to contribute to the more atmospheric feeling and try to add more subtle variations such as cutoff changes or no beat for a couple of bars. I think it would also be enjoyable with a second lead introducing itself under or over the main one.
Keep it up!

Thanks both for your comments, appreciate the detailed feedback. Vulp I genuinely can't identify the clipping but I am nowhere near even being an amateur producer yet so it is quite likely I am not picking up on what it is obvious to you. I'm going to take a break from songwriting to learn some mastering techniques as I clearly need to flesh out my skillset a bit. Also I hear what you are saying about maxing reverb on the drums, I'll bear that in mind for any slower tracks or if I make a part two of this one.

VValdo thanks for some different ideas also, I like the idea of reducing the attack of the lead to give a softer feel. As for voices I had intended the strings to be voice number two, and it does introduce itself under the main one, then becomes the main voice for a while, before being supplanted by the original theme but fleshed out, before introducing the strings again at the climax of the song. Including the "bottle blower" background synth I effectively have three lead voices going already and I was concerned about the harmonies getting too muddy. I suppose if you are EQing correctly and ensure the instruments don't overlap too much pitch wise then I could squeeze in another voice, I might experiment with a rearrangement of this song at some point.

Back