mango nights (electronic/pop)

I like the textures but I can't understand the songs progression, it doesn't transition nicely to the next section; you kind of build up a good vibe and it just loses it. The last third is good though, the quicker tempo section is the strongest bit and the fade out is nice, you could probably visit the high tempo part a couple of times and with some subtle tweaks would make a good chorus section. Seconded on the vocals too.

So after the higher tempo section, it should transition to something in the same vein? Right now there’s just a slower part in the middle. Do you mean that it doesn’t fit?

hmm I mean you would have to play around with it to see what works, but I could sort of see it going something a bit like intro -> build up -> chorus (fast) section -> breakdown of some kind -> build up -> fast section, maybe with some more flourishes -> outro. When you move between sections, try and build on the same or similar chords and ensure it's all or mostly in the same key, but let your ear be the guide. If you find a nice progression then reversing it later on can be a nice effect, shakes it up without introducing any bum notes.

hmm I mean you would have to play around with it to see what works, but I could sort of see it going something a bit like intro -> build up -> chorus (fast) section -> breakdown of some kind -> build up -> fast section, maybe with some more flourishes -> outro. When you move between sections, try and build on the same or similar chords and ensure it's all or mostly in the same key, but let your ear be the guide. If you find a nice progression then reversing it later on can be a nice effect, shakes it up without introducing any bum notes.

Very helpful response. Thank you!

Back