long time producer - first time poster

?A?E

Hey, so I've been using ableton for about 3 years now, been making music for much longer, and this is the first track where i've really felt happy enough with to call (almost) finsihed. i've kept it pretty sparse on the vocal side because I intend to add some of my own in later. everything used is vanilla with ableton (still haven't got any plugins, yet to delve into that magical world), but i make an effort not to use any preset instruments or effects.
Any and all feedback is much appreciated.

https://soundcloud.com/questionmarka-e/they-will-see

?A?E

Last edited:
Wow, nice groove man! Like it a lot, so chilled
IMO, nothing to add!

Just love this kind of electric piano (or synth, i'm not sure) chords

I listened to the whole track and it didn't bore me at once, so well done! I am really curious how it will sound with your own vocals worked into this. I have nothing to add to the production quality, because it's great.

<3 thanks for the love everyone. but i'm also really keen to hear what people dislike about it the most. need me some harsh criticism so i can improve. i started laying vocals down last night, but i might lay off on it until i get some over those synths a bit tighter and more to my liking.

Nice work, man. Very relaxed soundscape. The only real criticisms I can think of are:

-I wish the drums were half the tempo (more of a dub speed?), but this is just personal preference.

-Lack of a distinguishable lead sound, although the vocals may take this role.

Overall, excellent track. Very enjoyable listen!

A really good track :) The vocals are used in just the right amount, and its actually a chill track, which didnt get me bored, love the combo of instruments :)

Back