The Lonesome Boatman - new track & first collaboration.

Tekhed66

This is my first collaboration ... it's a track my very talented Irish friend Oisin introduced me to called 'The Lonesome Boatman'.
Oisin plays the acoustic guitar and the wonderful low whistle and I do all of the synths and programming... a clash of old meets new.

We hope you enjoy listening to it.

https://soundcloud.com/un-sound/the-lonesome-boatman

Last edited:
this is not really my style of music but i like it anyways.
however, working on your mix will make it better

Hi
Thanks for your feedback ... I'm glad you like it even though it's not your thing (!!)

The track was actually recorded in 2 parts... my friend recorded the acoustic guitar and low whistle separately for an album he's putting together... I then got hold of an MP3 of his recording and imported it into my DAW, warped it to accurately fit the click track and then added synths and drums ... he didn't know I did it until I played him the track.

I threw this together in a few hours and I agree that the mix isn't 100% ... it's not bad as a working demo but I'd like to really get stuck into it and knock the edges off it (!) ... I can spend weeks fiddling around with my own stuff and endlessly tweak so to do this in such a quick time is a bit of a surprise... it makes me think that I'm just needlessly fiddling with knobs and wasting time.

Thanks again!

I'd try lowering the flute a little to bring out the other elements. Also the percussion at the start is a little quiet, it could be punchier if you bring that up.

Hi
Thanks for your feedback ... I'm glad you like it even though it's not your thing (!!)

The track was actually recorded in 2 parts... my friend recorded the acoustic guitar and low whistle separately for an album he's putting together... I then got hold of an MP3 of his recording and imported it into my DAW, warped it to accurately fit the click track and then added synths and drums ... he didn't know I did it until I played him the track.

I threw this together in a few hours and I agree that the mix isn't 100% ... it's not bad as a working demo but I'd like to really get stuck into it and knock the edges off it (!) ... I can spend weeks fiddling around with my own stuff and endlessly tweak so to do this in such a quick time is a bit of a surprise... it makes me think that I'm just needlessly fiddling with knobs and wasting time.

Thanks again!

it is a big problem to me too. i am always tweaking and changing my mix, i can do that for hours. then couple days after i completely change it again, it was a huge barrier for me and i wasnt confident enough to release my music.

in the last month, im just trying to force myself to finish my mix without over-analyzing it, and i think its for the best

i keep telling myself that "nothing has to be 100% perfect", if it helps you in any kinda way, im glad i wote that :)

Back