Lawyer by day/producer by night, here is my second full song!

RoboDrop

Hi all, you have given me excellent feedback on my first posted song, and would love to hear your thoughts and critique on this one!

Thanks so much!

I really like the drum programming. The only thing I can think of that I might work on is purely stylistic: everything sounds really clean and I would probably add some lo-fi signal processing to some of the percussion. Again that's really a personal taste thing tho. Good stuff.

This grooves really hard. You've got really good talent in your drum programming. I can definitely hear the leads being more aggressively pushed in the mix.

This definitely gets me dancing though!

hey man ive been listening to ur songs and its really great ! sounds very good, cant get around that. hmm, but i am wondering about one thing tho.. people comment you on ur drum programming, and im not gonna be negative about that its great, but im curious about the mixdown on it. like.. how would it sound if ur clap and snare have more body. i think your clap would defo sound bigger with more 4k hz+ and ur snare more lows and both a bit more release, dno if u tried it but it can be a tip to try out. it would defo suit with your song imo :D

anyways overall sounds really good ! keep it up, hope to hear from u soon again and hf producing ^^

btw if u got some time check out my track and leave some feedback :D https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-effect-eat-sleep-rave-repeat-bootleg-511555/ cheers

greets o/

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds great,no way this is your only second song?:bigeyes:

Thanks so much for the kind words! I have been producing for around 3 years total, but spent a large portion of that time until recently not completing songs and making hundreds of small loops instead.

Now doing it the right way, and this one was the 2nd song I've done that was fully arranged, mixed down and mastered

I really like the drum programming. The only thing I can think of that I might work on is purely stylistic: everything sounds really clean and I would probably add some lo-fi signal processing to some of the percussion. Again that's really a personal taste thing tho. Good stuff.

Thanks man, very glad that you enjoy the drums! :)

I'm really interested in your suggestion, what are your favorite methods to incorporate lo-fi signal processing for your productions?

Last edited:
Thanks man, very glad that you enjoy the drums! :)

I'm really interested in your suggestion, what are your favorite methods to incorporate lo-fi signal processing for your productions?

I don't do anything real complex. I'm just learning how to use all the toys in my toybox myself. I use Ableton as my DAW and the two effects I use the most to "dirty up" my sounds are Amp and Cabinet. I use Amp on most of my percussion channels but very slightly.

A caveat: I'm pretty new at doing this stuff by myself. I had been used to telling the engineer behind the board what I wanted my sounds to do and he would do his best to make it happen. So anything I tell you could be 100% wrong too.

Good arrangement dude it really works, the drums are also good, I may suggest little sound changes on certain thing or a little automation on like the decay or release of some of the high hats. I think theyre sounding a bit too harsh on the top end, especially the clap, maybe try turning in the a bit in the mix as its quite in your face. Try gating some reverb on the claps and snares to add depth to them. The whole mix down sounds good anyways, as every element is clear and there cohesion. I quite like the drop but I think in needs more layers on the lead sound, as the drums sound big but they make the lead sound small, so try adding some saw waves behing that or process it even further, a bit of a wider reverb can also make up for a bit of size, don't be afraid to use more than one send for the reverbs, so you can have the lead layered with different reverbs too. It all sounds good and the transitions work well, so well done! keep at it, and whilst your trying out those new things dont be so strict with yourself, experimentation is key to come up with great ideas, as you can also be creative with the mix!

I hope this helps
Marc

I don't do anything real complex. I'm just learning how to use all the toys in my toybox myself. I use Ableton as my DAW and the two effects I use the most to "dirty up" my sounds are Amp and Cabinet. I use Amp on most of my percussion channels but very slightly.

A caveat: I'm pretty new at doing this stuff by myself. I had been used to telling the engineer behind the board what I wanted my sounds to do and he would do his best to make it happen. So anything I tell you could be 100% wrong too.

I'm also on Ableton, will definitely try this out and experiment.

Thanks again man!

Last edited:
Good arrangement dude it really works, the drums are also good, I may suggest little sound changes on certain thing or a little automation on like the decay or release of some of the high hats. I think theyre sounding a bit too harsh on the top end, especially the clap, maybe try turning in the a bit in the mix as its quite in your face. Try gating some reverb on the claps and snares to add depth to them. The whole mix down sounds good anyways, as every element is clear and there cohesion. I quite like the drop but I think in needs more layers on the lead sound, as the drums sound big but they make the lead sound small, so try adding some saw waves behing that or process it even further, a bit of a wider reverb can also make up for a bit of size, don't be afraid to use more than one send for the reverbs, so you can have the lead layered with different reverbs too. It all sounds good and the transitions work well, so well done! keep at it, and whilst your trying out those new things dont be so strict with yourself, experimentation is key to come up with great ideas, as you can also be creative with the mix!

I hope this helps
Marc

Thank you so much for the feedback, Marc. I know exactly what you mean as to each area!

Question for you on your reverb suggestion to make sure I understand as it sounds really interesting. Right now I have dedicated reverb channels for the lows, mids and highs, are you suggesting to layer multiple types of reverbs on top of each other vs. using one single reverb effect in those channels?

Thanks Marc!

I hope this helps
Marc

Thank you so much for all of this man, this is incredibly helpful!

Back