Just a track with EDM synths and chiptunes sounds

Noiiiiice, you added more to this! :O

It's quite nice, I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with the way you transitioned to the chiptunes portion of the track but I felt it was a little bit strange hearing the intro slow down to an almost stop and then having the chiptunes play afterwards. It kinda lost the momentum a little bit imo. Maybe add like some notation so that there's a crossfade effect going on bridging the intro to the start of the chiptunes. Other than that though, the whole song was structured really well throughout the entire track. Pretty sweet how you drew your own chiptune sounds. What did you make it with? I'm not gonna mention the mixdown since you did say that it's not final.

Thanks E1GHT PLACE for your useful and argumented feedback. I agree that I have to reconsider the intro for a better integration in the whole track.

The chipsounds are drawed in Renoise sample editor (simply drawed like that)

The one I've made for my track is more basic, I draw a sort of unprecise sine.

Attachments

• drawed.png
    drawed.png
    222.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
That's interesting, I've been meaning to create my own chiptunes track unrelated to my current project as E1GHTH PLACE but as my other alias that focuses on creating video game soundtracks. Not familiar with Renoise though but I'll give it a look. :) I've used Xfer Serum for most of my chiptunes sounds.

Back