A

Hey dude, I've listened to all your tracks and have some feedback for all of them

Dwellings: I love the percussion and drum work, I only wish it was louder and more in the foreground, especially with the kick, imo you have way too much sidechain compression on the synth.
Also, while your chord progression isn't bad, there is one chord that stands out as strange and doesn't quite fit. Its the chord at 0:38, I'm not sure if its in the right key or not, but its noticeable.

Odes: A much stronger track, I like the continuous shift of filters. The bass sits nicely and the guitar has just the right amount of reverb, and that arp sounds pretty good too. Does the snare have some distortion on it?

Reachings: A good use of one shot samples in this track. Again, slightly more sidechain compression then needed imo, but there is enough in the track to keep it interesting.

Hesitations: Again, the first thing I notice is the sidechaining, too much again imo. While its good to have the kick dominant, it sounds like it just clean cuts everything out.

All in all, it's not bad by any means, its an interesting bag of ideas for sure, and there is a lot of promise. Just some small things here and there that need perfecting. How long have you been making music for? Also I love your track artwork, its awesome!

hey no problem dude, glad I could be of help :P It's impressive work for just a year and a half, and I hope my insight was useful :)
btw if that snare has no distortion then it sounds like maybe something peaking? I'm not sure, its just a bit muddy when the snare hits.

I browsed through all of the tracks meaning I listened to them partly and I can say: Great work especially considering that you only do this for one and a half year. Good job.
For my personal taste it would be better if the synths were more quiet so that the percussion moves more in the foreground.

What sounds like distortion on the snare in the second track is in fact a juxtaposition with a clap or another percussion element I believe, but I'm not sure

About the compression: I also think that's a little bit too much but many artists use this over-compression as a stylistic element, especially in lofi instrumental hip hop, so it's a matter of taste I guess :)

Good work overall but for my personal taste the melodies could be a little bit quieter and more subtle, but that's just me :)

Last edited:
Back