I've been stuck recently and need some help improving! Any advice for a novice?

Ooh I really enjoy the panned "Hey." And the whole in general is pretty awesome. That sound you use throughout is very pleasing to the ear. Maybe at the 2nd drop add a 2nd instrument that is off beat, like slightly ahead of slightly behind another. That's what my teacher would say when trying to make funk at least...

Hey man, I like your track it's fun to listen to, your snare is a little quiet, and there's quite a lot going on melodically with the main synth, I've always found that less is more, maybe have some of the notes last a little longer instead of changing so much :)

Yeah man i think i had a little too much goin on haha but thanks for the feedback! I really like your track by the way! The sax was dope

It's a bit busy, which makes it really hard to follow the melody you had in mind. The melody would be great in a nu-metal song, but for Electronic music I'd simplify it! The mix sounds really vibrant though, and really pleasant on the hearing. No excessive frequencies or sharp noises. Would love for the snare to be a bit louder after the drop though

I agree with the "Hey!" comment. It sound cool. It is cool. Song's cool.

But the mix is busy of course. You could lower the gain of the 'vibrato' synth. I should say it's just useful for the atmosphere. Nothing more. Not bad for a novice though. But could add a little arp or another offbeat sound, also behind the main sound. That should sound good. Good luck, hope this would be useful for you.

Back