"Internal Dialogue" - Chill Techno (?) - [My first ever completed track !!]

KosmiCKhaoz

🌶🙉
Hi all! Here's my first ever complete track. I've started learning recently and have a loooooong way to go, but was inspired by one of @Oldgast posts to finally finish a track.

I'm looking for any feedback, in the meantime I'm going to continue practicing :cool:

You're all awesome and thanks for your time!
I will also return any feedback

Hey KosmiCKaoz,

Congrats on your first finished track! With a first track (and with any in general) there's a lot that can be worked on. Critically - it feels a bit repetitive. Adding variation helps keep the listener engaged.

There's tons of great content you can find on basic music theory as it applies to electronic music with a quick google/youtube search. This will help you think about how to build different sections that enable your track tell a story start to finish.

I'd recommend focusing on song writing first and foremost. Then moving on to the more technical mixing stuff like sound selection, layering sounds, EQ, Compression, etc.

My favorite YouTube channel starting out was InTheMix - highly recommend.

Hey KosmiCKaoz,

Congrats on your first finished track! With a first track (and with any in general) there's a lot that can be worked on. Critically - it feels a bit repetitive. Adding variation helps keep the listener engaged.

There's tons of great content you can find on basic music theory as it applies to electronic music with a quick google/youtube search. This will help you think about how to build different sections that enable your track tell a story start to finish.

I'd recommend focusing on song writing first and foremost. Then moving on to the more technical mixing stuff like sound selection, layering sounds, EQ, Compression, etc.

My favorite YouTube channel starting out was InTheMix - highly recommend.

Hey Harts, thanks for your feedback! I'll check out the channel.
I agree! My goal is to continue producing as I learn so that I get to understand my shortcomings. Your suggestion is very good and I will focus on arrangement and writing first.

I'm thinking maybe forcing myself to only use presets and a small set of features to keep it "simple" (and not distract myself), while learning more of the theory.

Super excited, thanks again!

Great start! it is already better than my first track so keep it up!

You still got a lot of work to do but in my opinion that's the fun part about music production, finding new methods, sounds, effects, plugins....

In addition to the recommendation of harts, try underbelly "You suck at producing" series on youtube, this guy is amazing in making technical stuff really easy with a very fun and addictive method of explaining.

I'm looking forward to your next production!

Great start! it is already better than my first track so keep it up!

You still got a lot of work to do but in my opinion that's the fun part about music production, finding new methods, sounds, effects, plugins....

In addition to the recommendation of harts, try underbelly "You suck at producing" series on youtube, this guy is amazing in making technical stuff really easy with a very fun and addictive method of explaining.

I'm looking forward to your next production!

Hey Phigure,

Thanks! Really appreciate your words! :)
I'm finding it all incredibly fun as you said. I'm following a couple of tutorials and venturing into something different for the next track, I'll share it once I have something (I still take a looooooong time to produce anything haha).

Your recommendation is brilliant! You're right, the videos are incredible (the teaching method is... interesting... :)

I'm going to continue practice and can't wait to show you more. Thanks again

Back