Insanity - give and receive feedback!

It's an interesting track, a little repetitive but this genre is intended for play at dance clubs so that's not really an issue. The bass synth seems like it could do with some layering. You could duplicate that bass sound and move one up an octave then mix it in just to add some higher frequency content to the bass. It would help reinforce the note your playing with it while also making it a little thicker. A very slight delay at about 30-80ms can also give it a wider/bigger presence in the track (Haas Effect) since the track seems to be centered around the bass synth. Even a little reverb can help achieve a similar effect. Drums sound well mixed too, not a lot of interference between the bass and kick drums. Well done!

https://soundcloud.com/chazmblue/strangelights128final2017

Sup man, I like the way it drops straight into a dancey beat. Really like the song but feel that when you drop (e.g. 1:39), you could take out more instruments to make the track more intense when all of the instruments fill back in (if you know what I mean). The drop around 2:40 is awesome, with just the bass. Sometimes I feel like there is too much going e.g. 2:27-2:30. Again, the drop at 4:03 is awesome. Overall I enjoyed the track and the variation kept me interested - although you could probably trim the track by 30-45 seconds.

Back