Imperial Style

Gre!g

Hey guys I made this track because I was experimenting with folk chord progression
and I came up with this sounding like an imperial track. How can I make it better?

Last edited:
Greg!
Let me start off with compliments to your sounds, groove and overal vibe. This is sounds really reminds me of great music by several great artists i used to listen when snowboarding.

But, since you are asking for improvements:

- Make the kick more powerfull, for example by: sidechaining your synth's, eq the low end of the kick, add some saturation, filter out the frequency from the bass, compress it with high attack (more punch). It's Really worth the while to look into this stuff, it can boost your tracks from a dull powerless track to a punchy banger!
- Lower the db level of the piano chords a bit
- Give it some more fun effects just before the drop (2 or 4 beats) a nice snare roll or something. In my opinion this track's screams for some stand alone summer vibe tom roll just before rolling into the main parts of your track
- When you have a piano solo or synth solo, lower the db level of the chords. Let the listener focus on the solo instead of the chords. They should be in the background playing a supplement to the solo.
- Cut out the chords sometimes to give it more room for anything else. Sometimes less=more. Creating one excellent sound is better than four good sounds. Let it get emotional by
- Cut out the bass 2 beats before the drop. This way your drops sounds more powerfull.
- Sidechain those continues hihats/cymbal/ride sound. This also contributes to a more punchy mix.
- Extend that outro, it's sounds very nice and people tend to "feel" the music continu longer after its ended, because of a bit longer outro.

I hope you can improve your tracks with these tips!

Would love to hear it so feel free to contact me with new music.

Greetings,

About that last improvement I gave you, there is a fun video about it which I recommend you watch to really know what I'm talking about.

YouTube

Back