Impact (Nine Planets) | Electronic | Virtualex

Virtualex

Hey there,

I started this song a few weeks ago after an appointment at the dentist and then picked it up again some days ago after a hailstorm severely damaged my new car which I just got only five days earlier ... this is where the name and the "concept" (approach and impact, short and intense) originated from :-).

Atm I am quite happy with how this turned out, but there are two things I keep thinking about:

1. Sidechaining - I have been fiddling about this quite some time. I could've made the sidechaining stronger for even more punch at the cost of the synths beeing interrupted too much or less to keep the synthlines smoother. What do you think? Ok? More? Less?

2. Length of the song - I feel the songs end is in line with its "concept" - basically a "menacing approach" and then "the impact" - I wonder if you would've expected more of the "final theme"?

Thanks for listening

Cheers
Virtualex

The vibes are really tight. It is a pretty heavy track with the dance beat but grinding synths. I don't know if you follow a key though, try to keep the notes tight into a key signature. The melody does get a little repetitive and ya, it might be out of tune (I don't know if you're using a key to write in) The middle part is really tight. It's really spacey, and thats the kind of shit i like! haha This track have some unique vibes and cool sounds! I like it. I'll leave the positive comments on your soundcloud. ;)

Edit: the middle part sounding out in space is reaally awesome! try to exapnd on that sound. I like that part the best!

Thanks for your feedback on my track too! Cheers. :)

Last edited:
Back