I finished up a trip-hop/electronic song. Feedback would be so awesome.

dubwell

The sample is from some person who was rambling in seattle.
I used serum to create a nice spacey set of keys and wobble basses. I made a reese bass in serum, then recorded it to audio, reverse and sliced it and then removed the low end off. I then reversed some of the keys and stitched them together. The vocals were me humming, adding reverb to and then reversing, then bumping them back into audio, fooled with the pitch, re-reversed and added some chops with gross beat, then bounced again to audio and re-re-reversed it (I think) with some more reverb to fill in the gaps. I then took that vocal hum audio and panned it right while taking a less processed version and panning it left. The hats were just hats that I sort of broke with manual cutting and some dblue glitch (very sparingly though since I like to have more control over the sound) and then recorded it into a Wav. The Sub is just 3xosc. The piano was made in the piano roll, I then recorded and reversed it, added some reverb and some delay, re-recorded it and reversed it back to normal.

[/FONT]

[FONT=Interstate, Lucida Grande, Lucida Sans Unicode, Lucida Sans, Garuda, Verdana, Tahoma, sans-serif]If you provide some feedback I would be more than happy to return the favor. Also if you give some pretty awesome I can apply to a future track, I would be totally ok with throwing your name in the description of my next song as a thank you.[/FONT]

I like the sounds you've created; they all work well together and there was a split second little glitch where just the low/mid end shined (52 seconds in - awesome). A change in the structure would have complemented the tune; breakdown/build/bridge, something where the drums left the scene for 16 or so bars.

Last edited:
Back