How to make music like this?

westside2

YouTube

YouTube (especially the part after 1:20)

The melody is nice, mixing is good too. Is there a tutorial for this kind of music? And for example, how do they find those kind of vocal sounds?

I'm pretty sure they made the vocals themselves. By that, I mean they cut the original vocals into parts, then changed their pitch and put everything into the drop. The drop sounds pretty simple though. Looks like a kick, a bass (made up of filtered sawtooth wave) and the vocal part itself.

Also, if you're not sure how to exactly make such vocals here's a video for you: YouTube
In case you don't want to make them yourself, you can always download pre-made ones from splice.com, although it requires you to buy the membership (which is only 8$ or so a month)

Anyways, good luck producing!

The guy above said it all. Don't you think this type of effect/music is now a bit overused?
I mean, ok I'm a techno head so I basically always listen to the same type of tunes but, nowadays even mainstream electro pop tunes got their own "pitched voice effect". But yeah I imagine this is a matter of taste...

Cheers!

Do you have a link where I can listen to your music?
Here's mine: People Control by Chris Van Gills | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I'm pretty sure they made the vocals themselves. By that, I mean they cut the original vocals into parts, then changed their pitch and put everything into the drop. The drop sounds pretty simple though. Looks like a kick, a bass (made up of filtered sawtooth wave) and the vocal part itself.

Also, if you're not sure how to exactly make such vocals here's a video for you: YouTube
In case you don't want to make them yourself, you can always download pre-made ones from splice.com, although it requires you to buy the membership (which is only 8$ or so a month)

Anyways, good luck producing!

Thanks man. I will check that video.

The guy above said it all. Don't you think this type of effect/music is now a bit overused?
I mean, ok I'm a techno head so I basically always listen to the same type of tunes but, nowadays even mainstream electro pop tunes got their own "pitched voice effect". But yeah I imagine this is a matter of taste...

Cheers!

Do you have a link where I can listen to your music?
Here's mine: People Control by Chris Van Gills | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Yeah maybe you are right, I am very new to this kind of dance EDM etc. songs, normally I was just making rap beats. So I have no much information on this genre, I am trying to learn.

I listened to your song, man. Not bad. Are they sample or you composed the melodies? Is this new kind of tecno music?

You can listen to my music from these links:
Short EDM try: Shortcut by TheBassTime | The Bass Time | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Rap beat: Deadly Feelings by TheBassTime | The Bass Time | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Another rap beat: So Down - Mix 2 by TheBassTime | The Bass Time | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Back