House - Beginner need some feedback

mikemikeass

Hi Guys, This time I try to use deeper sound to compose the songs. I'm not doing well in the mastering currently but I would focus on the musical stuffs first, I hope at least it's listenable so I can move on to the mastering stage. Thanks for your listening and feedback :o

Musically it keeps a pretty good rhythm, but the whole time listening I felt like I was in the club in the early 90's and someone was bringing a tray lined out with rails of coke.

thanks for the reply! I'm happy at least I made some improvement. It sound like early 90's is it because of the selection of sounds?

I would really recommend working more on the music theory stuff. in the first part, the baseline and the rythm thing don't work together since they are in different scales. also the bass seems to be off beat. For being a beginner, this is definitely not bad. It is good that you focus on the musical stuff first, mastering really is just the last thing you have to learn. you should look further into mixing, arrangement, music theory and all that stuff, maybe develop your style and until then, just put eq and limiter on your master. I know many producers who never took their time for the basic stuff and just went straight ahead to mixing and mastering and now make extremely shitty tracks in a musical sense. perfectly produced, but still shitty. :D tldr: the song is listenable but still pretty raw.

I can agree that it definitely has that 90s feel about it which I love. But yeah, definitely work on your theory and maybe add a few more samples to keep it interesting. But this has so much potential! Keep up the good work.

thanks everyone! Honestly I personally like the sound from 90's as well but I didn't intend to make it sounds 90's. In my mind 90's is something like daft punk.

Back