Hello can you tell me how to make this track louder but sounding good ?

Hmm, well, this track sounds pretty good in terms of production and is decently loud as it is now but if you want to make it louder without it clipping, then adding headroom to your MIDI/audio tracks is a surefire way to get your mixdown sounding higher. I've been in constant battle with this for a long time and now I ALWAYS cut off any unnecessary frequencies, group or stack layers, decrease the levels of my MIDI tracks (both on the mix bus or on whichever VSTs I'm using to output my sounds from) so that way my master bus is hovering below -1db/-2db and as I boost the frequencies on the master bus, my track ends up sounding much louder, clearer and especially without any clipping.

Hope this helps! :)

hi Greg, sounds pretty loud to me already (also looking at the waveform). Agree with 8th Place - keep headroom and add a limiter at the end to just give it that bit more. I like the song, sound design is very nice and it all sounds very clean. If one thing, I would like a climax / left turn somewhere to keep the listener of his/her feet?
Cheers

Hey Greg - Sweet melody and overall the sound design is really nice.

The leads seem to be overpowering many of the other elements. Predominantly, your kick, claps and hats are overshadowed by the power of the leaders. (How loud each element is dependent on the vibe or feeling you want the track to give off) I would say the kick is probably where I would start. Reference how kicks come through other progressive house tracks, you generally want a good thud, with a short tail, but audition a couple to see what works best. If i turn it up, I can hear there's a reasonable kick underneath, but it doesn't cut through - you can fix this with EQing, gain adjustment, and/or sidechaining or volume ducking. The kick clarity will help drive the song, and your claps and hats will be part of the rhythm and help you scale or reduce energy. I could hear a couple of fills in there too which are great for pushing the momentum of the song, but also were covered up by the leads so they're effect is somewhat muted. It's good to add pauses or breaks, and that can allow for a fill to be heard better.

Overall, really nice - my main recommendation for loudness would be listen to a bunch of other tracks in a similar style, and listen to each element in that style. For loudness, clarity, FX etc - it will really help you when making decisions to balance your own mix, then once it's balanced you can push the volumes.

Top stuff brother! Keep it up.

Back