Half-Asleep, Half-Awake - E1GHTH PLACE

hey E1GHTH PLACE, do you get sleep paralysis too? I read the description to the track and I can relate man I get it like almost every night, never thought about making a track inspired by it though, that's awesome! It's hard to not get bored with tracks like these but man you did an amazing job at keeping it interesting with the dreamy parts and the parts that went hard, sounded like a journey throughout the whole thing!

Hey calico, I actually do sometimes get sleep paralysis. It can get borderline scary when you're mute or unable to move for a few seconds. Luckily, for the most part, it's benign but I find it a very intriguing topic that I'm actually compiling a bunch of songs that are based on lucid dreams, sleep paralysis, hypnagogia and putting them into my up and coming album. :)

Thanks a lot! I appreciate it and I wanted to create hooks that would propel the listener into enjoying something that they can move to and somewhat relate to as well. Just wait until I have my album released, it'll be like a story woven in the form of music ;) Thank you for taking the time to listen and give your comment :D

hey there, returning feedback

The drop has great flow, really catchy, cool progression and sounds.. I dig the bass rhythm and also the piano interlude, nice touch

mixing is good to my ears as well, sounds like you know what you're doing, keep it up :)

Hey man,
love the changes between the "states". When the beat kicks in it becomes very (I want to say EDM-y but thats not right)... can't really put it in words but I like it. Feels like you are just staring at the city which is flashing by.
Think the sounds are really nice, mix and mastering is great, it made me want to dance for sure ! Looking forward to the album!
DZM

Hey everyone, E1GHTH PLACE here,

Just finished writing up a song that I feel is one of my better works in terms of sound production, mixing and mastering. There's always room for improvement of course, so please have a listen and feel free to provide any kind of feedback! :)

Half-Asleep, Half-Awake by E1GHTH PLACE | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Hey I really like this! The chords at the beginning give it an interesting (almost jazzy) touch that most electronic music doesn't explore. I also like the drums that come in at 3:00 and 5:22. I think the only criticism I can come up with is that the drums can be a bit sudden at times. For example at 1:45 I would start with those snares slightly low passed, and have the cutoff come up as the buildup happens. Seriously though, good stuff, keep at it!

Damn dude - killing it! Again! Really like the transition between sections of the song, the little interludes and the builds - it's really nice all round!

My only comment would be the kick seems to be a bit overshadowed. It could just be the type of kick used, it just has a bit of a dull vibe to it, I wonder if you tried a more snappy kick, or layering just the top thwack would help it cut through a little more.

Top stuff brother! Keep it up

Back