Great Big Things - My solo project

hi again joe. is it you singing? i checked out some more songs and they are really good! in dreamers, consider swapping the 909-like drum with an 808, it tends to sound better in a downbeat track. just my opinion.

Heroes especially i really like, if you interested in a remix swap, i would love to make a house remix of this track.

Hey,
Yes it is me singing :D and thanks! Im still a newbie, but trying my best. I'll definitely check out how 808's sound :)).

Id love to hear your take on a heroes remix! It would be interesting to see where you take it. Your style is a good match i think. :) Ill write you a pm when i get home.

Dreamers is my favorite so far. :D
Are the chords suppose to be loud? Towards the end I had trouble focusing on the main melody since they both were battling each other.
Either way keep it up!

You have a fantastic voice, that will be a very useful tool for you going forward. I'll start with Routine and probably address your other tracks later on.

The good elements here are your kick/beats, piano, and vocals. Everything else just doesn't really "work." It seems like you're going for a sort of "big" sound here, but then the pads are more appropriate for a deeper analog type of sound. Whatever pads you used in Dreamers I think would sound way better in place of what you have in Routine. I would recommend immersing yourself in music similar to what you're trying to produce so you can get a feel for what kind of sounds are going to do the trick. Overall the mix is pretty good and you have the elements in place for a solid track.

You have a fantastic voice, that will be a very useful tool for you going forward. I'll start with Routine and probably address your other tracks later on.

The good elements here are your kick/beats, piano, and vocals. Everything else just doesn't really "work." It seems like you're going for a sort of "big" sound here, but then the pads are more appropriate for a deeper analog type of sound. Whatever pads you used in Dreamers I think would sound way better in place of what you have in Routine. I would recommend immersing yourself in music similar to what you're trying to produce so you can get a feel for what kind of sounds are going to do the trick. Overall the mix is pretty good and you have the elements in place for a solid track.

Thanks for going into depth, that's very helpful! I'll have a look at the pads and see if i can improve them or swap them out for something better :)

Back