{Glitch/Funk} Really dig this, hoping someone can be critical

Trip Lykely

Really dig what I've done with this but have been working on it almost non-stop for a while so my ears are biased. Anyone care to critically listen? Its roughly mixed and mastered although I'd still appreciate feedback on that. Thanks in advance, let me know if you want me to check out your track

Thanks for the feedback! :)
An awesome and interseting track, all the diffrerent sounds keep the track really exciting. The mix sounds well balanced on my system at least, good loudness and clearness :)
Nothing really negativ to add, just keep up the good work!

Thanks for the feedback! :)
An awesome and interseting track, all the diffrerent sounds keep the track really exciting. The mix sounds well balanced on my system at least, good loudness and clearness :)
Nothing really negativ to add, just keep up the good work!

Happy to give feedback, and thanks for checking my track out.

Improving hand over fist here, man! Impressive! Not quite there (there = Beatport chart material) yet, but going at this rate there's nothing to say but just keep going. This stuff is fun to listen to.

On my system, the top end sounds a bit harsh and brittle, like around where the snare hits (1500 to 5000 hz range) but finetuning that is already getting into the finer, more advanced areas of producing.
Try messing with subtle reverbs, echo's, panning, maybe phaser-like effects to add more life here. Generally, the more you want something to be in the background, the thicker you make these effects to create a sense of depth.

The guitar riff could use some compression to make it stand out a bit more.

Improving hand over fist here, man! Impressive! Not quite there (there = Beatport chart material) yet, but going at this rate there's nothing to say but just keep going. This stuff is fun to listen to.

On my system, the top end sounds a bit harsh and brittle, like around where the snare hits (1500 to 5000 hz range) but finetuning that is already getting into the finer, more advanced areas of producing.
Try messing with subtle reverbs, echo's, panning, maybe phaser-like effects to add more life here. Generally, the more you want something to be in the background, the thicker you make these effects to create a sense of depth.

The guitar riff could use some compression to make it stand out a bit more.

Thanks man, really appreciate it coming from you. Just putting my time in every day and trying new things trying to improve.

Its funny you say that, I've decided no more new tracks until I really dive into proper mixing techniques and getting my stuff to sound pro. Only so much I will be able to do with a laptop and Senheiser's but it needs to be my focus. Again, thank you much for checking it out, appreciate the compliment.

Back